The Growling Rabbit

773-654-1444

6981 N Sheridan (at W Lunt Ave), Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60626

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has numerous vegan choices throughout the menu. Uses locally sourced, seasonal ingredients to create comfort food, plus menu rotates seasonally. Located in Rogers Park neighborhood. Supports farm to table philosophy whenever possible. Sweet Attila’s, the bake shop, produces fresh baked goods daily; vegans please inquire. Famous for carrot cake. Wall-to-wall windows. Patio available in the summer. Open Tue-Fri 8:00am-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Veganbloke

great vegan options at the North Chicago lakefront! - Edit

My husband and I found this place on a motorcycle ride in Chicago and could not be happier with the vegan options, friendly staff and atmosphere! We had the vegan burrito and the tofu sandwich - both of which were delicious! The restaurant just got a liquor license, and did not serve booze yet, but they do a corking fee for BYOB. We were also advised that if we bought our libations from the Independent Liquor store across the street, they offer a 10% discount! The staff was amazingly helpful and friendly and even helped us pack our leftovers in a way that would be secure for the motorcycle trip. All around GREAT experience - I would give 5 stars if possible :))

Great Food - Long Wait - Edit

Called in for Brunch around noon on a Sunday. Seated after a couple of minutes but then almost an hour wait for our food. Great food though - will be back (earlier in the day!) again.

Pros: Nice venue

Cons: Long wait

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Growling Rabbit closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.