The Groove

Shop 4/35 Progress Dr, Nightcliff, Darwin, Northern Territory, 0810

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegan breakfast, vegan salads, occasionally other things. Wholefood menu, about half the menu is vegetarian. Will accommodate vegan requests.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by KimberlyHarding

Sensational & Flavorsome!! ??? - Edit

Like Madonna, I got "Into the Groove" for lunch & ordered the Vegetarian Lasagne & Roast Veggie Salad accompanied with a freshly squeezed Orange, Pineapple, Ginger & Lime juice. Talk about flavor sensation!! The meal itself was quite large, but it was SOOOOO delicious, I managed to eat it all without that bloated, heavy, full feeling. I had a burst of (very welcomed) energy for the afternoon instead of the usual 3pm slump ???
Prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food. Trust me, I felt the love!!
Definitely a trendy little cafe I'll be visiting more regularly. There's also a quirky little gift shop to browse though as well while you wait for your take away coffee ☕️
Love it ?

Photo of The Groove  by <a href="/members/profile/HappyShani">HappyShani</a> <br/>Vegetarian Lasagne & Roast Veggie Salad <br/> January 10, 2017  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/29264/210329'>Report</a>

Vegetarian Lasagne & Roast Veggie Salad

Great Big Breakfast - Edit

My partner and I love Groove. They do the best big breakfast around for a vegetarian without having to make your own meal. They have a big Vegan breakfast and a big Vegetarian one. My downfall is that I wish there was a hash brown on the Vegan breakfast. The location is very Darwin; laid back and outside. It can get very busy on Sunday when the Markets are on but it is a nice atmosphere. The fresh juices are lovely and last time I went I even got a Soy Iced Coffee, a rarity as a vegan. There is a lovely shop attached to Groove featuring incense, wall hangings, rugs and clothes. The Groove is a lovely Saturday and Sunday place to enjoy a filling breakfast.

Pros: Vegetarian option, Vegan option, Free-Ranged local eggs

Cons: Can be hot in the 'Build Up', A little overpriced, Smoking Area too close for comfort

Chilled Local Cafe - Edit

Pretty much any Nightcliff local can give you the low-down on Groove. I've lived in Nightcliff for about 4 years now so eaten here many a time. Its true the menu is veg-friendly; not mega vegan-friendly but its easy to modify a lot of it. Coffee is pretty good for Darwin. The best thing is although the service is often at a snail-pace, it's friendly and easy-going so you don't mind. Great location and chilled out vibe.

If I had to search for criticism it would be that for the price of the meals, I'd expect a slightly classier experience (eg home-made baked beans instead of from the tin, or some nice sourdough toast rather than supermarket bread). That's just me being picky though. The food is nevertheless pretty reliable and they don't mind my dog sitting under the table so Groove gets in my good books. But given the choice, I'd probably stick with Martins down in Coconut Grove.

Pros: great location, chilled vibe, decent coffee

Cons: slow service (sometimes)

Return to Darwin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Groove closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.