CLOSED: The Greens Cafe

Contact n/a

15435 Jeffrey Rd Ste 110 (at Irvine Center Dr), Irvine, California, USA, 92618

Vegan restaurant offering a variety of healthy meals from veggie burgers and wraps to pasta, rice bowls, salads, kids menu, fruit smoothies, and more. Soy protein featured in many dishes. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan, American, Chinese, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Demiseborn

great service - Edit

This is a cute little restaurant. The service was very good and friendly. Went on a Sunday and had the buffet which was a good way to try different menu items. Some things were ok, some things were great. Some of the fried items would have been better if they were fresher. Now I know what I'll get next time, like the bbq sandwich, the eggrolls, and some of the wraps. The iced green tea was good, and the mocha chocolate cake was delicious. Would definitely go back.

Pros: service

Now they have vegan buffet on Sundays - Edit

I wrote a review in the past (see below). I just found out that they came up with Sunday Vegan Buffet! Great idea! We don't have that around here. For $11.95, you can try their vegan dishes (some in the menu and some are not). We enjoyed it. The Joy Fried Rice was in the buffet. Also, their soy chicken fingers were there. Yummy! They have salad, crystal wrap, all kind of fruits, flan (for dessert), and all other tasty morsels. The only thing is that they are still learning about serving buffet. I found that the food is not that warm. I think they need to turn on the chaffing dishes higher. But fresh food keeps coming out. I think if you come during dinner or lunch time, there will be no problem.

My past review:
I have been to this new restaurant twice. Both times my experience have been excellent. I had the Crystal Wrap, Jumping with Joy Fried Rice, and Roof Top Spaghetti. They were all great. The food is not greasy and healthy. The fried rice is made of a mixed grain rice instead of white rice. Spaghetti was whole wheat spaghetti. Everything in this restaurant is organic, too. Wow! The taste was very good. The restaurant is clean, bright, and pleasant. I saw lots of vegan dessert in a glass case but didn't order any. One major plus is that their portions are large.
The second time I visited, I ordered Fragrant Soup and Joy Burger. Our friend ordered Crystal Wrap and Fragrant Soup. The soup is actually like a stew and is hearty with soy protein chunks and lots of veggies. Yum! The Joy Burger was popular in yelp.com review of this restaurant. Right, it was delicious! I really don't have any qualm about this restaurant other than that it is kind of hiding from the street. However, once you know where it is, you'll come back again and again. I still want to come back to try other vegan dishes and desserts they have. Almost forgot, I tried their Iced Roselle Plum Tea and it was refreshing.

Pros: Clean, Bright atmosphere

Cons: place is hidden, food in buffet needs to be warmer

Good start - has potential to be better - Edit

Was here in July 09. I'm please to write a review about my trip on HappyCow.net. The Greens Cafe is located in a shopping plaza with many other small businesses and restaurants. The interior is bright and clean, small but enough space for walking about. Diners order their food at the counter and the owner/server brings it to you.

I got to try a western style veg burger that came with a side of fries (burger so-so, fries soggy), the wonton soup (delicious), and the spicy tofu entree served with brown/rice rice (yummy tofu and nice spice but very oily, excellent rice).

The whole set up is very casual and easy going. The food prices ranged from inexpensive to moderate/affordable. Was happy to see that there were other customers enjoying their meals.

I would return again to try the other menu offerings when in the area and craving Chinese food. Check it out.

Pros: friendly people, good concept, clean and inviting space

Go Greens! - Edit

My boyfriend and I visited Greens last night for the first time, and Wow! Where do I start. Before our food came out, we were presented with a sample of a new item that they were experimenting with, a sort of cream cheese vegetable wrap. It was delicious! We ordered the crispy sticks (a sort of panko breaded fish stick) and it came with a side of tartar sauce. They were perfect, firm and flavorful and the tartar sauce was the perfect compliment. My boyfriend had the BBQ sandwich and I had the Happy burger. My burger was juicy and flavorful, the marinated mushrooms and onions really rounded out the flavors and the sweet potato fries that came with it were phenomenal. His BBQ sandwich had the perfect smoky sauce taste, not too sweet like you experience with some vegan bbq sauces. The organic greens side salad that accompanied it had a very flavorful lemon maple vinaigrette that complimented his dish very nicely. He enjoyed his food so much that he also ordered an Ocean Beauty wrap to go, sort of a mock tuna with onions, cucumber and apples on the side. Of course that was as delicious as everything else we tried. The food is quite filling, he usually eats every couple of hours but he commented on how long he stayed full after the meal. We will be going back to Greens as soon as possible!

Pros: Amazing service, Organic everything, delicious food!

I Heart Greens - Edit

The Greens Cafe is an absolute delight. The atmosphere is pleasant, the owners and staff are very friendly, and most importantly, the food is vegan and tasty. Plus the food is organic and the portion sizes are generous (trust me, I'm a "good eater" as my family puts it). Pretty much everything I've tried here has been top-notch, and I am particularly obsessed with the Half Moon Wraps and the ice cream sundaes. The owners are enthusiastic and positive, and have even let us try samples of possible future menu items (the pita wraps were delicious; I hope they're added to the menu). All in all, I love this place!

Pros: healthy cuisine, good value, friendly staff

I can't believe it's vegan! - Edit

The alfredo/white sauce pasta was amazing!!! You can't leave without trying the carrot cake. It's just right. Not too sweet, just enough to be amazing!

Great Energy - Edit

Love the food, esp. the Ocean Wrap and Crystal Wraps. The management/owners have such great energy and really care about animals. I went crazy for the green tea ice cream and their carrot cake is just as good as Veggie Grill's.

Pros: Great Service, Yummy Food, Clean Bathroom

Great food, Reasonable pricing - Edit

I found out about this place only a couple of weeks ago and have already been there four times. I've been good about trying something new every time I went and never walked away in regret. The portions are generous and at a good price. The club sandwich and crispy sticks are my favorites. Make sure you try their peach cobbler ice cream and carrot cake.

Pros: tasty, excellent portions, pricing

Cons: hard to spot

Happy atmosphere and delicious food - Edit

One of my new favorites in SoCal! :) The restaurant is bright and airy which makes you feel immediately welcomed when you sit down. If you're not happy when you walk in, then you will be when you take a look at the menu...all the titles include something positive, like happy, delight, and love. I enjoyed the crispy stix, especially the chipotle sauce. I hope to venture outside of my comfort zone, but I find myself always stuck with these dishes: happy bbq sandwich, join-the-club sandwich, embrace by light spaghetti, and jumping for joy fried rice. I just love them too much to try anything else! One of my favorite things about the place is the roselle plum tea...soooo different and delicious!! I particularly don't like to eat salted dry plums (candyish stuff sold in clear plastic containers found in Asian supermarkets), but this drink totally changed my mind...now I can't help but stop in for a drink if I'm nearby!

Pros: spacious parking, friendly staff, good portions

Amazing - Edit

This is a pretty new restaurant but they are definitely going to make a name for themselves. I couldn't believe the variety of food available and the incredible presentation. The prices are very reasonable too. I tried the Friendship Sandwich and it was absolutely delicious. They also have awesome Flan and Crispy Sticks appetizers. I am going to recommend it to all my friends and will be back soon. You should definitely go soon. You will not regret it.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, amazing presentation

Cons: none, none, and none

Return to Irvine Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Greens Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 353 times since Mar 2009.