The Greenhouse Deptford

n/a

481 New Cross Rd, Deptford, Lewisham, South East London, England, SE14 6TA

Serves meat, vegan options available. An independent coffee shop has clearly labeled vegetarian and vegan choices for a full breakfast, salads, sandwiches & wraps. Really reasonably priced. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm, Sat 9:00am-5:00pm, Sun 9:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Non-veg

First Review by LydiaCrook94

Vegan Options in an where not very many - Edit

Decent vegan breakfast. Good coffee. Different stuff on your plate to usual fayre. £8 and fair enough. Filling enough. Nice cafe to sit in. Good coffee & great smoothies, really nice smoothies.

They have standards here about 100% renewable energy supply to the cafe. They do sell meat, eggs, dairy options . I'd say 70/30 to vegan but at least they are making some effort in south east London where there aren't many about. Most diners seem to be ordering vegan, the only non vegans seem to be ordering takeaway on the two occasions we visited.

Opens 8am or 9am depending on the day. It was open on bank hol too.

I was surprised to see 2 more vegan option eateries on Deptford High St. too (around the corner from here). Check them out, we found them too late.

Updated from previous review on 2018-04-12

Pros: Vegan options in a vegan desert area, 100% renewable energy powered cafe., Staff very nice, one of them's from Yorkshire !

Cons: Also sell Animal parts and products, Small dining area

Amazing brunch - Edit

I live local to here and the vegan brunch is seriously incredible. Lovely staff and normally plenty of vegan cake options too!

Gem - Edit

My friends and I all love The Greenhouse Deptford. We live locally and so it is a little gem among the chicken shops. They have great vegan options and the portions are massive! The staff our very friendly and it has a lovely interior. With the Lewisham Card you can get 10% off here, very handy for students. The vegan breakfast is one of the best I've ever had. There is a large selection of yummy smoothies. If you ever find yourself in the area, definitely one to check out!

Return to South East London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Greenhouse Deptford closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.