The Greenhouse Cafe

Contact 231-929-7687

115 E Front St, Traverse City, Michigan, USA, 49684

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a portobello mushroom sandwich, grilled veggie sub, and other vegetables; uses dairy and eggs but no fried foods. Makes its own dressings. Can be busy. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-3:00pm, Sat 8:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by cringer

Reservations - Edit

Went and asked the waitress for recommendations due to the fact I was vegan... She asked me if "you can eat the bread?" but when the sandwich came the dressing appeared to have mayonnaise in it. I didn't eat it just in case. Probably more questioning needed on my part. Good sandwich otherwise though.

Average - Edit

I ate here for lunch on a non-busy midweek afternoon. It was about 2pm - I walked right in, had a table, and lunch was to me very quickly. I ate a veggie sandwich. It was average - nothing worth going back for in my opinion. There were not very many veggie menu options, and I do think I could have ordered food without cheese, but I was disappointed with the selection.

If you are pressed for time, they are great. And I think this would be a great place to go with omnivores. Overall, three cows from me.

Pros: quick service, friendly servers, fun atmosphere

Cons: not a large veggie selection

Its ok - Edit

Went there three times, got the same waiter, very pushy, wants you to eat and leave. Awesome veggie sandwich with roasted red peppers and homemade balsamic dressing that is on it. Portabella mushroom sandwich was really mushy. Very busy and it may take a while to get your food. NO fried foods, very healthy for a restaurant.

Pros: good prices, dressings, healthy

Cons: pushy waiter, long wait, very loud!

Return to Traverse City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Greenhouse Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2240 times since Aug 2007.