The Green Teahouse

Serves meat, vegan options available. Teahouse offering also food and dessert menus. Offers vegan dishes such as peanut sauce noodles with white tea broth, dumplings, okra quinoa-brown rice, and tofu puffs. No Wi-Fi. Previously in New Haven. Open Mon-Tue 11:00am-8:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by Wendanyon

Honestly, the best vegan restaurant I've been to - Edit

I really wish that I could rate this place five "stars." There's absolutely nothing to dislike about it, besides the fact that it is a little pricey. The portions are small individually, but normally if you're going for a full meal you'll have to order a combo or a "large" option, which I didn't do. Most of the dishes were infused with tea, as well, which I absolutely LOVED.
The waiters and waitresses were extremely polite and when I mentioned that I was vegan, they explained all of the vegan options for me, which was mainly just the deserts since everything on the menu that was non-veg (less than 1/4 of the menu) was labelled. They also had so, so, so many tea options! You could also purchase dry tea by te ounce and enjoy it at home, which I would've done if I had any money left...
Besides the "pricey" label, I have to say that the food I did order was phenomenal, and very much worth the price. I was coming from the lunar festival where the store owner and manager were giving a demonstration (they explained the importance of high quality tea and how the type of tea that they were brewing for us costed over $20 an ounce because it was only picked twice a year!) and where I was able to try some free samples beforehand. Oh, and there were also free samples in the front of the restaurant, inside and outside in the snow!
I will definetely, definetely be visiting this restaurant again! My new favorite vegan restaurant!

Pros: Great Atmosphere, Friendly Staff, Delicious teas

Cons: Pricey

Two words: Go There! - Edit

What a wonderfully relaxing time my husband and I had here! The ambiance is fantastic, the tea and food is fabulous, and the service is incredibly pleasant. They even checked on whether the mochi had eggs in it for me (answer: no!).

Pros: Ambiance, Service, Quality of food and tea

Return to West Hartford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Green Teahouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.