The Green Room

Contact 01642913730

114 Borough Rd , Middlesbrough, England, TS1 2ES

Licensed vegan bistro est. May 2016. Offers a day menu (inexpensive) as well an evening menu. Open Tue-Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, British

First Review by StevieSurf

Recommended - Edit

Great vegetarian/ vegan restaurant in Middlesbrough. Really friendly attentive employees and a great menu.

I travel a lot through work and it's a real pleasure finding a place like this. One of the best I've visited, and I travel throughout the UK.

I thoroughly recommend The Green Room, and wish them every success in the future.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly Staff, Nice Atmosphere

Up the Boro' - Edit

Since its opening, I have had the privilege of dining here a few times now and sampled a great deal of the menu and I would go as far to say, it's fast becoming one of my favourite restaurants. The menu is excellent and all the dishes are vegan. On offer you have burgers, sandwiches, wraps, meatballs, pies, burritos and cakes to name a few, all of which are at value for money prices. Check out the website for further details. My favourites were definitely the meatball marinara sub, sweet roasted root pie, spiced lentil and veg pie, the coconut cake and the fine selection of smoothies. Takeout options are also available and we bought the chickless pieces and cheatin' salmon sandwiches, which came accompanied with salad and rice. Very tasty indeed. All the staff at the Green Room are very attentive and friendly and there's a nice relaxing atmosphere whether you are here during the daytime or evening. Parking is also free for two hours at the car park behind Mima, if you're lucky enough to get a bay.

Pros: All vegan, Excellent food and prices, Friendly staff and nice atmosphere

The Green Room - Vegan Haven & the best service! - Edit

Discovered this place a few months ago - the first vegan and gluten free dedicated eatery in my area. We've needed this a long time and when it finally came, it made up for lost time with a changing selection of cakes on each visit - internationally inspired dishes and old English classics like a veggie pie and Sunday Roast.

I love it so much I enquired about getting catering from them for my 30th, which they really delivered on! They catered for my budget, dietary and allergy requirements, but not compromising on taste!

Specifically LOVE the vegan cherry chocolate cake, which I had specially made alongside a selection of savoury dishes for my birthday. I mean, I've now eaten here maybe ten times and tried a lot of the dishes! So I'm not giving a specific review so much as commending the place overall, for great service and choice, whilst not breaking the bank!

As someone who is wanting to transition into vegan eating, I felt really grateful for the place - you can't really ask for more. Everyone is friendly, informative, and helpful. They leave you to it, if you're busy or come and have a chat with you about anything you want to know about the business, the lifestyle, etc.

Also highly recommend the smoothies/mocktails. Super refreshing, tasty, and really good for a hangover too!

Pros: Cherry Chocolate Cake, Friendly staff, great service, Beautiful garden out back

Cons: Maybe some more low fat options?, N/A, N/A

Exceptional - Edit

Our first visit for lunch today will certainly not be our last. A truly exceptional find with lovely decore, friendly service and a great choice of vegan food. We chose curried cauliflower and sweet potato pie with mushy peas and gravy and sweet roasted root pie with the same. Followed by lovely lemon cake and Spicy pumpkin tart with vegan ice cream. Still full 6 hours later but very happy.

Excellent food and service - Edit

Lovely to discover there is a vegetarian/vegan restaurant in Middlesbrough. Great food from the daytime menu, as we arrived at 5.20pm. Evening menu starts at 6.30pm.
Refreshing choice of dishes to choose from, I had the chickpea curry and rice which was beautiful, great flavours.
Excellent service, very helpful waitress at our table.
Great value, service and most of all, FOOD!
Will definitely return.

Pros: Choice of food, Quality of food, Service

A wonderful surprise - Edit

This was a great surprise; a vegan bistro in Middlesbrough. This is a great set up and well worth a visit, indeed lots of visits. It's easy to find but the real treats await you inside. A fresh interior, well designed and decorated. A lovely menu of 'normal' items of an international nature - see the menu. The food is fresh, well presented and lovingly prepared. The team running the place are personable, well informed and have a lovely manner with diners. It's a great spot will certainly become a big of a cult hit in the town and the region. Such a place was long overdue for vegans, but this place has what it takes to attract all types of visitors. Theres a lovely terraced area at the back for outside dining. A big good luck for the future.

Pros: Great staff, Tasty food , Well priced

Return to Middlesbrough Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Green Room closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.