The Green Rocket Cafe

Contact 01225-420084

1 Pierrepont St, Bath, England,

Coffee house and vegetarian cafe. Food is made in-house, including burgers and falafel. Day menus are inexpensive. Licensed bar 3 evenings with dinner menu. Open Mon-Tue 9:00am-4:30pm, Wed-Sat 9:00am-9:30pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by MrsTigz

AMAZING - Edit

This place was just wonderful. I absolutely loved my food choice (risotto croquettes). It was easy to find, centrally located near Pultney bridge, and had great service to boot. Well worth the visit!
Portion size for the main meal was a little on the smaller side, but it ended up being perfect since I ordered an appetizer to share with the hubby too.

Pros: great service and friendly staff, delicious food, great location

Cons: portion size

amazing place! - Edit

incredible reviews prompted todays visit! so glad we did! juices were amazing, food came out fast and was well plated! onion rings were super crunchy and falafel sandwiches were fabulous! only sad thing was we had to rush away due to park ticket time so did not get to get some of the cakes that were on offer (and sounded incredible!)

Pros: super friendly staff, amazing food, the wide variety of food on offer

Cons: only one tiny toilet, tripped twice on tiles!, little pricey but worth it

Vegan Burgers - Edit

Mostly vegan! You will love it here I suggest it fully! Staff are very kind and love to have a chat with you! They also serve a lovely beet burger with cashew cheese!

Pros: Amazing vegan food options, Nice vibe, Friendly chatty staff

Cons: Can get quite busy (but not their fault)

Perfect! - Edit

Delicious food, generous portions, friendly staff, laid back atmosphere. I had the mushroom and rice burger with salad and my husband had the mezze. We were both very impressed and loved every bite! Highly recommended.

Delicious food, massive portion sizes - Edit

Visited for lunch on a weekday afternoon. Menu was perfect size, with 4 starters, 9 mains. All the food we had was freshly prepared, wholesome and delicious. Seemed quite expensive at first, but the portion sizes were massive so good value for money in the end. Larger inside than first appears so plenty of seating. Also served some nice, fresh juices and cakes. Would highly recommend.

Pros: Large portion sizes, Central location , Very friendly staff

Cons: Quite expensive (but portion size makes up for it)

Amazing food in such an easy location - Edit

We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner here on 3 separate days and it was incredible! The cake and desserts are perfect and the staff are so helpful and lovely! They are able to cater to for any further dietary requirements and the chef's are really flexible with how they make the dishes. I recommend it to everyone!

Pros: Great food, Amazing staff, Great location

a lovely find! - Edit

We stopped by for tea and cake and were very happy to find a variety of options.
I had a marvellous vegan bakewell cake and a delicious earl grey made from actual leaves - not common these days!

The location is very central and the cafe has a very cozy atmosphere - perfect on a rainy day.
The prices were very reasonable when compared to other vegan cakes and the portions were quite big.

Pros: friendly service, good value for money

Great vegan food in perfect location - Edit

It's great to visit a vegetarian place where most of the options are also vegan and gluten-free. The food was all very good and beautifully served. We had the celeriac fritters (excellent), mushroom and almond soup (very nice), Indonesian Tempeh with rice croquettes (very good), and the Seitan Medallions served with an awesome pumpkin gratin. For dessert we had the brandy vanilla roasted plums served with vegan vanilla ice cream (very good). The prices were a little high, but the portion sizes were quite large. We were absolutely stuffed when we left. Our only complaint was that the service was a bit slow, and we had to wait quite a while to pay our bill, but this could be because there didn't seem to be enough staff on duty to cover the number of customers. It was quite busy the Thursday night we were there.

Pros: Excellent and creative food, Lots of vegan and gluten-free options, Good value for money

Cons: Can be slow if busy

Delicious & Affordable - Edit

The Green Rocket Cafe is probably the best lunch-time, casual restaurant in Bath with plenty of options for vegans (the menu is mostly vegan with a couple of veggie options) for both lunch and breakfast.

The have juice options, coffees and hot chocolates and mulled cider at christmas time.

Everything I've ever ordered from here I've enjoyed. I especially love the variety of cakes. I've probably tried 10+ flavours of cakes. They change often and have lots of vegan options.

Pros: Delicious food, cosy atmosphere, lots of options for vegans

Cons: they close too early :c

Charming little restaurant, good vegan options - Edit

This lovely restaurant in in a great location with regard to sight seeing in Bath. The food is fresh, beautifully presented and the service is friendly. Green Rocket has a relaxed atmosphere and all dishes are clearly marked as to whether they are vegetarian or vegan of gluten free. Good food, well priced.

Pros: Quality of food, Vegan options aplenty, Relaxed atmosphere

Great food. - Edit

Plenty of choice for vegans, had lunch then came back for a snack later. Staff all friendly, although the wait for food did take a while it was well worth it in the end.

Pros: Plenty of vegan and Gluten free options., Good portions

Cons: Wait for food is long when busy.

So delicious! - Edit

Lots of delicious vegan options! Went here with an omnivore who fell in love with the burger. Will come back, probably more than once!

Pros: Delicious, Lots of vegan options, Lots of gluten free options

Good portions - Edit

the rating of 4 out of 5 is merely because of the reason on the title: generous portions. I was happily surprised about them from the starters, which I have not found very tasty though: the courgette spaghetti was insipid, the spinach risotto a bit too salty and overcooked.
the ramen noodles main was very good instead and the rice burger could have been as good as the ramen if served alone, I mean without the bread which wasn't the right one for a sandwich: small and too toasted, it wrecked my burger so I couldn't really appreciate it entirely.
the cake wasn't bad, but way too crumbly and the peanut butter buscuit was simply ok.
So for me this place is decent, I left full, but nothing memorable.

Great place for lunch - Edit

We stopped by the Green Rocket Cafe for a late lunch, and thoroughly enjoyed it! I had the raw courgette spaghetti, and it was really flavourful and delicious. My partner had the burger and absolutely raved about it. The peanut butter blondie was delicious too! Really friendly service, and all the cakes looked very tempting. Highly recommended.

Pros: Great range of cakes, Lovely service

Can't fault won't fault! - Edit

Trips to Bath are made excellent with lunch at The Green Rocket! The food dishes and desserts on offer are always inventive, tempting and really very tasty. Not to mention vegan-friendly. Last time I went I had a fab spinach and sorrel risotto which came with cheesy yeast flakes for the vegan option - if you're put off by the term 'yeast flakes' then don't be - they're great I promise!
The staff are lovely and the place is tastefully decorated with local art for sale and cute knitted flowers in vases...

Love this place - Edit

My friend and I loved this place so much we went once for tea and cake and twice for dinner during our 3-day visit to Bath. I love the flavors of Bakewell tart (almond and berry jam) and The Green Rocket Cafe had a yummy vegan cake version.
We liked that the dishes were interesting, not the common types of dishes found on less creative vegan menus. Small touches, like the pink peppercorns on the oyster mushroom starter, really made a dish.

Pros: Creative dishes, Cozy environment, quirky decor, Friendly service

Cons: wished the linguine dish was vegan, only open for dinner 3 nights/week

Ticks the boxes - Edit

Sound place on all fronts - vegan options on everything, nice tempting menu with a good range, cool place, great location, tasty dishes. My omni parents enjoyed their vegan lunch. The courgette spaghetti with tofu was very good as was the mezze

Pros: lots of choice for vegans, including vegan cake ce

Very nice place - Edit

We had some great food here. Menu items are marked if they are vegan or have a vegan option, which is most of them. The staff is friendly and helpful - they were able to recommend us two more vegan friendly restaurants. The pkace is tastefully decorated.

Pros: All but one of the main dishes are vegan or have a

Great cafe and restaurant! - Edit

We love this place and go there regularly. The food is great and really tasty. The cakes are amazing - the carrot cake is the best I've ever tasted. The staff are friendly and accommodating. It's really well located and is close to Bath abbey.

Pros: Carrot cake, Location

perfect food - Edit

The menu was incredible, greatest selection of vegan food I've seen anywhere. We will definitely make an effort to go back. Service was great and the atmosphere was lovely.

Pros: choices, food, vegan options

Cons: I wish I had room for more of the food!

Brillant coffee and vegan breakfast - Edit

I only had the chance to try breakfast here, as it was closed for renovations for most of my stay, but it was worth the wait. It was simply the best all round vegan breakfast I have had. The coffee was also very good, and is as good as any I have had in Australia or the rest of the world.

Pros: Very tasty food, Reasonably priced, Nice atmosphere and decor

Cons: Opens at 9 am

Great lunch - Edit

There are plenty of vegan options at this cafe. We had the soup of the day, which I believe was celeriac, and the burger for lunch, both of which were great. We also had a slice of a chocolate beet pie which was very good. The service was good with very friendly employees. Note that a reservation is required for dinner, especially on weekends and you should arrive for lunch right at noon to beat the crowds.

Pros: Great vegan food, Good service

Excellent vegan options - Edit

Really tasty food and most of it vegan. Great location as well. Gets busy but a lovely place to eat.

Pros: Mainly Vegan, Imaginative menu, Great location

Cons: Can get very busy

Great place! - Edit

Went there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner over a 2-day period. Fantastic veggie burger, yummy desserts, really creative dinner choices. Best soy mocha I've ever had (thanks, Polly!). Great value.

Pros: Food quality, Fast service at lunchtime, Most food is vegan

Cons: Slow service at dinnertime, Only 5 mains on dinner menu

Loved It!! - Edit

Sadly we had already ate lunch elsewhere but found this lovely place after visiting the abbey. We had the chocolate and orange polenta cake and a cuppa tea. Great for both me as a vegan and my gluten free boyfriend. I also took some cherry bakewell cake away which was also beautiful. Sadly we left that afternoon so couldn't come for an evening meal but it will be first on our list when we revisit. For breakfast,dinner and evening meal. Wine and all....cannot wait!! Also loved the feel and loom of the place

Pros: Lovely Cakes Both Vegan And Gf, Menu Loomed Awesome, Decor/ambience Great

A new favorite for Bath - Edit

I've been coming to Bath for several years and was quite happy to see Green Rocket open their doors. I'm a Vegan and I found myself trying Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and even afternoon Tea/Coffee and Cake, of course not all on the same day! I did pace myself. The menu is very accommodating to Vegans, with many choices. I enjoyed everything I had, especially the Mini Veggie Breakfast (they even make their own beans) and the Indonesian Tempeh for Dinner. Outstanding. A must try amongst the other great Vegetarian and Vegan Options Bath has to offer.

So good we had lunch and dinner! - Edit

We went to this busy cafe for lunch and had General Tso's Tofu Stirfry and a Mezze for lunch followed by delicios coffee and vegan Cherry Bakewell cake for our dessert. It was so yummy we went for dinner there as well, enjoying 3 Courses each for about 20 quid a head plus a bottle of organic wine (and a couple of organic beers!), the evening menu was taken up a notch from the daytime, we enjoyed an Indonesian Tempeh and a raw triple salad for our mains, we had a Kashmiri Almond pudding and a Vegan Amaretto Tiramisu for our dessert which was to die for. The menus have a nice balance of healthy, indulgent, raw and gluten free things as well as being 95% vegan. Everything we had was really tasty. The restaurant itself is light an airy with plenty of space between tables, the service was really friendly and efficient even though they were busy. After speaking with the maitre d' she informed me they are planning to open up downstairs soon.
I will definitely return and recommend others to try as well. Cant wait to go back and try breakfast.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Service, Great Value

a little disappointed but would return - Edit

Was very busy at lunch time and had to wait for a table. Fresh juices were nice. Had to wait a long time for our mains. My partner had the courgette spaghetti which had good flavour and good portion size for the dish however she was hungry again by the time we left. I had the stir fried tofu and greens which was cooked really well and had good flavours but was a little oily. There were some good looking other options on the menu that may have been a better choice.

Pros: nice atmosphere/friendly staff, well prepared food, reasonably priced

Cons: not very imaginative dishes

Breakfast that would please even Roman conquerors - Edit

Wooden tables & floors, colanders as lampshades and Monster Veggie Brekkie! What a great way to start your day! The vegetarian sausages had a distinctive herby flavour to them which I loved as well as the unique taste of the home-made brown sauce. The saute skin-on potatoes proved to be a tasty, lighter alternative to hashbrowns - a good idea. Other customers also seemed to have enjoyed their food, such as a vegetarian woman who had apparently persuaded her non-vegetarian muscular man to come and check for himself if meatless brekkie will really make him faint in a gym. We liked the atmosphere so much that after visiting Roman Baths we decided to come back for a coffee & walnut cake and banana bread, and we loved it as well!

The New Number One Restaurant in Bath - Edit

There's another place I come to eat at when once every few years we come to Bath, itself I've always thought as second only in the South to Terre a Terre in Brighton. That place is still very good indeed though now a bit thin in vegan choices, but now if we can only visit one veggie restaurant in Bath then it will have to be the Green Rocket.

The spiced nuts appetiser was roasted rather than stir cooked and aromatically flavoured - wonderful, and the seared oyster mushroom starter was divine. You can take a risk with thalis made by non- Indian chefs but not here, and I just had to try the cashew cheeseboard and I'm glad I did.

So never mind 'if you are in Bath....'. Come to Bath, because the Green Rocket is here!

So delicious! - Edit

This was the first vegan/veggie place I have ever been to. I hope the rest of them are like 'the Green Rocket'. There were plenty of vegan options, even more than vegetarian options. There was also a range of delicious cakes. I had the chocolate orange one and it was so lovely! The staff were really kind and helpful. For all of this I would have expected it to be expensive but it was very reasonably priced. I'm definitely going to go here again in the future.

Pros: so many vegan options, kind staff, delicious

Cons: nothing!

A must... REGULARLY! - Edit

We (that's me, my wife and my two girls) bloody love this cafe, the vibe is good - it's chilled out & welcoming. The staff always seem happy and the food is top drawer.

I've now tried most things on the menu - but I do have a couple of fav's! If i'm just nipping in for a cheeky lunch whilst at work (yeah, I treat myself occasionally!) I usually go for the Falafel sarnie... I don't know what it is about it (cause it's just a sandwich!) but it's FANTASTIC! The chef has clearly got a bit of a secret knack! Also, the burger is a winner too!

The 'monster' breakfast has almost beat me! I'm a big lad, I like my food, but... I've had it 2 or 3 times and always struggle to eat it all and then haven't eaten again all day!

The location is great - really central in the city and the prices are good versus the quality of the food. It's now got an alcohol license and some lovely beer and cider! (& added bonus!)

Over all, i'd score this place as very highly recommended!

Pros: Food, Vibe, Location

Fabulous cafe - Edit

I was excited back in February when I saw a tweet mentioning a new vegetarian cafe due to open in Bath. We visited the first weekend and immediately it became a firm favourite. Run by Phil, they listen to customers. It started as a lunchtime only cafe. Very quickly it started doing breakfast and will be doing evening meals too very soon.

Almost every dish on the menu is vegan, or is optionally vegan. As Phil once said, "we're a vegan cafe with a few veggie options".

Then we get to the cakes. Lucie has been baking her heart out with lots of wonderful new and exciting vegan cakes too. Her polenta cake is stunning and the recent cherry bakewell cake divine.

The menu also has a large selection of gluten free options too, including cakes.

We visit Green Rocket probably once or twice per month for breakfast or lunch and can't wait for them to open in the evening!

It never gets boring either, as the menu is constantly evolving with new, seasonal recipes.

Updated from previous review on Thursday August 29, 2013

Pros: Wonderful atmosphere, Food is divine, Owners and staff friendly

Informal and friendly - Edit

I had lunch here and really enjoyed it. There were loads of gluten free and vegan options (including some excellent cakes!) and good coffee too. My only negative is that it's not open later, so it's only possible to come here for lunch. The staff were friendly and helpful. I'll be coming back!

Pros: Inexpensive, Good choice, Knowledgeable staff

Cons: Not open evenings

My new favourite eatery ! - Edit

My Fiance and I visited The Green Rocket on a recent day trip to Bath (after seeing it on this site). We found it to have a wonderful, relaxed atmosphere. It's an attractive space with rustic wooden furniture, clean green walls and beautiful artwork. The staff were absolutely lovely and so helpful and efficient. The only problem we had was deciding what to order as we aren't used to having so many vegan choices! In the end we plumped for the vegetable and ale stew with dumplings and the mushroom burger with cashew cheese. (we were tempted to come back for a falafel sandwich...)Both were amazing and it was easy to clear our plates. there was also a very good choice of desserts, we had the coffee and walnut cake and banana bread and some soya lattes. All the food was freshly prepared on the premises, service was swift and the prices were surprisingly good. They also have gluten free options. We felt so comfortable there we could have happily stayed longer but had sightseeing to do so purchased a jar of their fine chilli sauce and left. I really would highly recommend this cafe and am looking forward to our next visit. I hope they do well and remain in Bath for years to come.

Pros: Good location, Great atmosphere, Friendly staff, Many vegan choices

Return to Bath Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Green Rocket Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.