The Green Patio

Plaza San Francisco, Cusco, Peru

Its 2nd restaurant, opened 2015 formerly as Green Point 2. Menu is similar to its 1st restaurant but more concise and prices a lower here. Everything is vegan, from breakfast to spaghetti, burger, cake, waffles, smoothies and fresh baked bread. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery, Latin American

First Review by maynard7

Love it! - Edit

Beutiful place, the best vegan food I've had in cusco. Ate the savoury breakfast and the taste was so rich and special.
The staff was lovely.
Will definitely come back!

Pros: Good prices, Tasty food (everything is vegan), Nice staff

Absolutely love this place - Edit

Everything is superb - food, service, atmosphere. I would give 5 stars if it wasn't for the fact that processed sugar is used in the sweets (which seems counterintuitive for a place like this). Why not panela and / or stevia or coconut sugar?

Lovely place :) - Edit

Nice food and really friendly staff :) The cookies are amazing!

Pros: Nice :)

Cons: ..

Tasty and healthy - Edit

I was there twice and loved it. The lunch menu is great value with a drink, a salad a main course and a desert for 15soles (December 2016). The salad buffet was different every time with many delicious options apart from the basic lettuce and tomatoes. Three different salsas, one is from pumpkin!
I also had a burger and fries there, which was tasty and huge. Everything was obviously homemade (quinoa burger, fries and sauces).
Since I missed lunch they ordered me to help myself by the remaining salad budget for free which was really nice!
Everything here is fresh, prepared with care and on the healthy side (even the fries had hardly any fat, if at all).

Pros: Tasty , Huge portions, Healthy

Cons: Except for lunch, prices are a tiny winy in the up

excellent - Edit

Great atmosphere, food and staff. The eating area is beautiful. The choice is great. Big portions, come with big appetite.
Totally recommended.

Pros: quality, quantity

best breakfast in Peru - Edit

After a 16 hour bus ride I was really hoping for some good food. A boy did we get some. The savoury breakfast was great value for money, very healthy and will destroy your hunger for the day. I'll be back. A must stop for all vegans and non-vegans alike. Food for everybody.

Pros: nice courtyard, friendly staff, delicious food

Cons: wobbly tables, but easily forgiven

Great food, nice atmposphere, more tables - Edit

Having eaten several times at the original Green Point location, i had high expectations for their second location, the Green Patio (a.k.a Green Point 2, a.k.a. Green Point San Francisco), and i was not disappointed. In fact, I slightly prefer the menu at this location, as it has a few appealing items not found at the original Green Point (try the burritos and tequeños).

Also, it's nice to be able to walk in and go straight to a table, without the wait often experienced at the ever-popular original location during peak hours. There is an indoor dining room as well as a spacious patio.

Enjoy!

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-13

Pros: Great food, with some unique menu items, greater seating capacity than original location

Cons: Not open for dinner

Paradise - Edit

Feb. 2016 - Discovering Green Point 2 after our enthusiasm with GP 1 was another lovely surprise - the menu was really exquisite, the place was cosy and lively and had a great atmosphere. Absolutely loved everything about it.

Pros: wonderful meals: delicious and beautiful, cosy atmosphere, lovely

As good as the other GP (or better?) - Edit

This Green Point is a bit different than the other one. Although the menu is not as impressive, the food was also great (or even better?). However this one closes much earlier, so this might be a good option for lunch, leaving the other one for the evening. Again, all vegan, all great.

Pros: great food

Cons: closes early

Green Point 2 - Edit

I ate here twice and BOTH TIMES I got terrible stomach cramps several hours after. I got the lunch menu both times, I'm guessing it must have been something not clean in the salad bar. It sits out all day. And Peruvians aren't always good about cleanliness of food. I've lived in Peru 6 months, and gotten sick at least 4 times. If you steer clear of the lettuce you might be ok. Maybe order something off the menu. [edit by staff - see ToS].

Pros: You can sit outside

Cons: Food took FOREVER , Got really sick after, Not as good as the other location

Very Good. Recommended for sure. - Edit

Got the quinoa burger for 12 soles. Very filling. and trust me i can eat. got a juice too. carrot and beet. yummy. and cheaper than the main green point.

Pros: Cheaper than Green Point 1

Cons: I dont have 2 stomachs

great! - Edit

We had the vegan empanada, which my meat eater friend said was the BEST he's ever had- and we've been travelling SA for 2 months and he's eaten a lot of empanada. Yes it was more expensive at 4soles, but worth it. We had a choc cake for 7sole which was very rich and delicious. I had mango kombucha, which was good.

Pros: huge menu, good service, all vegan menu

Cons: a little pricey for some items

Fantastic Vegan Food - Edit

A must in Cusco! As of Dec 2015, the lunch special is 12 soles - juice, plate of yummy salad, soup, choice of a Peruvian or international main, and a little dessert. We loaded up the salad and bread two days in a row - so were able to have the mains for dinner!! The food is great quality, all homemade and using innovative techniques. Plus there's vegan dessert. Winner.

Pros: Delicious, Homemade, Innovative

Just great - Edit

I went here twice during my stay in Cusco, and if lived there I'd probably be a regular. The first time I had the spaghetti with seitan that was plain marvelous. The second time I had the quinoa burger which wasn't as good, a bit tasteless with undercooked fries. The savory empanada was good. All in all I loved the place and miss it while travelling other parts of Peru.

Pros: Taste, Good variety of food selections

Super Impresed - Edit

This may be one of the best vegan restaurants I've ever been to. The food is super super good and tasty, largely due to how amazing their sauces are - we tasted 6 completely different, unique and incredible sauces. They brought free bread to our table with this amazing yellow mustard type sauce to dip it in. We ordered an orange juice, and a banana and coconut juice. For food we ordered the mushroom burger and the vegetable sandwich. I'm not sure of the exact names, but there were 3 burger options and we didn't order the quinoa burger. Both mind blowing. The service was also great. And we got 10% off because we're staying at Kokopelli hostel! Oh and we ordered a loaf of the tomato/onion bread, which was amazing.

Definitely going there again tomorrow.

Pros: 100% vegan, Amazing food, Good prices

INCREDIBLE PLACE - Edit

I kid you not, my friends and I ate here everyday whilst in cusco. The food is incredible and there are so many options. The portions are huge and the pricing is incredible value for the quality and the quantity that you get. I tried almost everything on the menu and was never disappointed. If you are in cusco you definitely have to try this place. The chocolate cake is good, curry, the pineapple juices and the avocado toast were all favourites. Also try out the other green point as both have slightly different menus and are incredible.

Excellent Food - Edit

My husband and I really enjoyed the food. He ordered the mushroom lasagna and hot chocolate. I ordered the quinoa soup and mushroom risotto. Everything was so yummy but the mushroom lasagna was the best we ever had. Highly recommend Green Point to everything visiting Cusco. Great customer service. Great prices. Good foods.

Incredible - Edit

Green Point is not only Cusco-good, or Peru-good, or travel-good, it's one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at. With wonderful variety for the daily menu and awesome desserts, we went basically every day we were in Cusco. I'm going to miss it!

Pros: Cheap, Outdoors seating area, Variety

Cons: It's in Cusco

Return to Cusco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Green Patio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.