The Green Papaya

Contact 201-678-1888

110 Kinderkamack Rd (at Grand Ave), River Edge, New Jersey, USA, 07661

Serves meat, vegan options available. With every dish, you can substitute either the tofu that's made in-house (with eggs) or the vegan chicken. Veg options clearly labeled. Cozy atmosphere. Reservations suggested for Fri-Sat nights. Open Mon 11:00am-10:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri 11:00am-11:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Catering, Asian Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Sally K

Amazing Curry - Edit

What a great find! I was in the area for work and decided to stop in for their red curry I saw listed online (since I'm a curry fanatic). I recently became a vegetarian but prefer curries to be vegan (no fish sauce) and they gladly accommodated. The service was perfect - not too overbearing but checked in at the right times. I wish I lived around here because I could eat their curry every day! Also was pleasantly surprised that brown rice was an option and not at an additional cost. I'll be back if I'm ever driving through again!!

Pros: Ability to accommodate vegan diet, friendly servic

surprisingly good! - Edit

I must say I've lived in the area and never been here, so I wasn't expecting too much. The food was great, service too, and there were so many vegan options. The curry was great. I'm planning my next visit so I can try more. Oh, and the only vegan option in the dishes is the chicken because the tofu has egg.

Amazing - Edit

Wonderful service right from entering the building, very cozy, The food here is always amazing... Vegan for me and still with plenty of options for my family... Price is amazing for the area and they even remember us when we come... Best veggie food I've had in Jersey that I didn't make myself...

Pros: Wonderful staff, Amazing food, Decently priced

Yummy & Super Veg Friendly - Edit

Took my husband to Green Papaya because of Sally's review. It was so delicious, extremely fresh and they were very vegan-friendly. They even knew to tell us about the egg in the tofu! If we lived near by, we'd be regulars. The papaya salad and Tom Yom soup were especially terrific.

Pros: Great Food, Excellent Service, Low-key decor

Cons: Bathroom area could be cleaner

Outstanding homemade tofu - Edit

This restaurant is one of Bergen County's best kept secrets. It is a small house-like building amonst business buildings on the edge of Hackensack. Green Papaya has a charming wait staff, and the "sizzling platters" such as the Sizzling Homade Tofu platter are really delicious. The tofu is like firm custard, and is wonderful. The other vegetarian options always include crisp fresh vegetables.
Sometimes at lunch it can get crowded, and it is closed on Tuesday. I highly recommend trying it...you'll get hooked like we did.

Pros: Homemade Tofu!, Delicious coconut sauces, Many veggie options

Cons: closed on Tuesday, lunches can get crowded

Return to River Edge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Green Papaya closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1648 times since Sep 2010.