The Green Kitchen

• Veg-friendly
Contact 414-273-8830

400 N Water St (at Milwaukee Public Market), Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, 53202

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fresh juices, 6-foot custom salad bar, cold sandwiches, hot paninis.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Raw, Salad bar, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan

inconsistency at its finest - Edit

I have been here a few times. I always order the same sandwich-#15 a tempeh "Blt" and it always has the same ingredients/toppings but it has been the absolute best sandwich I've had and at other times a mediocre attempt. It really depends who is making it and how busy it is, but always be prepared to wait a while regardless.
I'd give 4 for the sandwich (average of 3-5 for all experiences) but I have to give a 1 for the insane amount of wasted food the "green" kitchen produces. They cut off a the sides of the ciabatta bread to make a loaf into 2 perfect squares but toss all the ends in the trash!! It would make great breadsticks, croutons, etc or send it to a soup kitchen. Every time I've been there the trash is overflowing onto the floor with bread. It really irritates me so I've started getting falafel or hummus at a different booth at times.
They have a decent product if they give it the attention it deserves but they really need to be more consistent and more green if they want to keep me as a customer....

Nice market eatery - Edit

This is located in a busy market. They offer some nice juices and vegan sandwiches, along with other non-veggie items. Decent prices. You order at the counter, and they have some places to sit, and there are more places to sit upstairs in the market. This is a nice place to go for a quick lunch.

Pros: Decent place to grab a healthy bite.

Cons: Not a dining experience.

The public market is cool! - Edit

I love public markets I wish every city had one! Definitely make a vegan voyage here, there is more than just The Green Kitchen (which is mostly salad based) but their fresh veggies can be made into a sandwich.

Pros: fresh veggies

great place to frequent! - Edit

I go to the Green Kitchen several times a week. Being a vegan, there are a million combinations to choose from on their salad bar (they do offer cheese & chicken, though). My favorite juice of theirs is the Green Dream. As far as the sandwiches go, they do have one vegan one, as well as a nice selection of vegetarian ones. Being that it's located in the Milwaukee Public Market, it's not a sit down restaurant. But there is plenty of seating inside the market.

Pros: fresh ingredients, great staff, large portion sizes

Cons: can be VERY busy at lunch

mostly a salad bar - Edit

Better for vegetarians than vegans(i.e. sandwiches/paninis). This is mostly a salad bar, so if you're visiting Milwaukee, I recommend trying other places before this one. I most likely will not be back.

Return to Milwaukee Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Green Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2758 times since Jan 2009.