First Review by ebohatch

just meh - Edit

driving to Pittsburgh and was the closest thing on here. way disappointed. the veggie burger is a sad excuse of mashed up chickpeas on a tiny roll.

Pros: actually has vegan food

Cons: sad excuse for vegan food

Not just a meal, an experience - Edit

On our way to the Vegetarian Conference in Johnstown, PA, we were looking for a vegan friendly restaurant in Bedford. There was one- Green Harvest! Lovely meal, lovely people, interesting historical building, viewable local art. Especially a great conversation with the owner, Trudy Barefoot. Veggie burgers, black bean burgers, and even a veggie Ruben - all tasty and well presented. We'll be back our next time through!

Pros: 1. Varied menu, with several vegan(and gluten free

Highest Recommendation! - Edit

On a day we were exploring the area with our daughter-in-law, we decided to stop for lunch. A month has passed but I can still remember how wonderful the whole staff was.

We had a couple of fantastic vegan soups, a reuben, salad and wrap-turned-into-bowl between the 3 of us. All of the food was fresh and tasty.

Upon hearing that 2 of us were vegan, the waitress set out to find vegan desserts for us. The chef came out and said that there were some in the freezer because she had made too many for a function the weekend before. We got 3 huge vegan cookies to go and munched them on the trail later in the day.

Pros: helpful and friendly, can veganize a LOT, best soups in central PA

Cons: sadly, no supper hours

Great extras - Edit

As a vegan I always struggle to locate restaurants that offer some choices. Green Harvest offered a few excellent choices and I loved the warm oatmeal 7 grain bowl. hmmm. I will definitely stop back when we are in the area again. I also know that my non veggie spouse will love this place everything he also enjoys!! But what was even better were their salsas and relishes. I highly recommend picking a few up they make an easy meal with a few additions. So don't leave without trying a few. It appears they also sell them online as gifts. even if you can not make it to the cafe. Order a few you won't be disappointed.

Return to Bedford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Green Harvest Co. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1104 times since Dec 2011.