The Green Guerrilla

• Catering Catering
+44-7703539516

Unit 11, Edward St Industrial Estate, Darlington, England, DL1 2UP

Vegetarian and vegan street food business, catering at farmers' markets, food festivals and music events. Check Facebook for updates. Also has a deli in Durham Market Hall.

First Review by hack_man

delicious food - Edit

Tried their vegan burger the other day and it was probably one of the best vegan burgers i have ever eaten. Staff are friendly and cook yummy food. The flapjack is lovely too

Cousin's Wedding Shambles - Edit

Please do not use Green Guerilla, they totally ruined my cousins wedding dinner. We managed to salvage the evening slightly after they had left but they left my cousin in tears on her wedding day.

1) The food was so delayed that my cousin nearly had to pay for extra time from the photographer for the first dance, it was only the fact that she was so upset and the photographer was so understanding she didnt have to pay the extra.
2) They had to use barstaff (which my cousin paid for separately) to help serve.
3) Meals were just put in front of us with hardly any conversation and the top table had been served and finished before the next table had even started being served.
4) My Aunt and Uncle (Mother and father of the bride) had to clear up (with a few of us guests staying behind and helping) as everything was just left.
5) When my Uncle contacted them they would not even offer an apology and just made excuses.

They came under staffed and un prepared and will not apologise which in my eyes is totally unprofessional.

My cousin should have had the day of her life but instead got the hassle they caused by their unprofessional service and will always have this memory of her wedding day so please if you want a hassle free dinner do not use these people.

2 Responses

schueyred1 08 Sep 2017 - Just to let everyone out there know that matters have now been resolved. The wedding couple have received an apology from Green Guerilla for their shortcomings on the day. They have accepted things could have gone more smoothly. The quality of their food was never in question and I hope that lessons will be learned from this experience.
Father of the bride

Veggie on the go 12 Sep 2017 - Point by point.
1. The food was delayed because, when we arrived on time to start cooking, our workspace was being used by the bar staff who had also moved some of our equipment which we didn't find until much later in the evening. Had we had access to our workspace, griddle and equipment when we arrived, we would have been able to start cooking on time.
2. The bar staff kindly helped us serve the food because of the delay as explained above.
3. I'm not sure what sort of conversation you were looking for. Our serving staff delivered the food as quickly as possible. We did serve the top table first because they are the most important guests. Because some of our equipment had been moved we were unable to keep food hot after cooking, so we served the food as it was cooked, which lead to a disjointed service, for which we apologise.
4. We thoroughly cleaned the kitchen worksurfaces and floor before we left. The agreement we had was that the desserts, which were bite-sized brownie and flapjack pieces, would be left in bowls on the table for guests to pick at during the rest of the evening. Had we stayed several hours until the end of the event to clear up those bowls, it would have been much more expensive. During the course of the meal we were concentrating on trying to catch up for lost time, so we admit that the tables were not cleared as efficiently as they should have been and we are grateful for the help we received in doing this. We did leave a couple of black sacks in the kitchen which was an oversight, for which we apologise. We mistakenly thought that the pile of black sacks which were in the corner of the kitchen was waiting to go into a rubblish container.
5. We have apologised and accept that we should have been more assertive when we arrived and should have insisted that we gained access to our workspace and equipment promptly on arrival and that we should have communicated our problems to the wedding party as soon as they became apparent. Instead, we simply got on with the job in the hope of making up for lost time.

Poor service at my friend`s wedding - Edit

All my friends have asked for is an apology for the slow service experienced by their guests at their wedding on Saturday 2nd September.

The bride`s Father even had to clear up!

Green Guerilla have removed all comments from their Ffacebook page and personally replied to the ride`s Father by email saying none of this is their fault. Who`s fault is it when bad service is received? Surely the caterers at the event?

The food is always delicious but this experience has left a bad taste in the mouths of the wedding guests.

Pros: Tasty Vegan food

Cons: Slow service experienced at a wedding, no apology

Father of the bride

Amazing stall - Edit

I'm always so tempted when I see this place open in Durham. They have amazing vegan burgers and some wonderful vegan cakes (the flapjacks are wonderful). The pricing is very good and service tends to be quick even if there are a lot of people waiting. Vegan/veggie burgers can be made with a range of toppings, including vegan cheese. Portions are large and always filling, I have never been let down by a meal from these guys.

Pros: Great value for money, Amazing burgers, Great cakes

Cons: Not always available

Delicious and Vegan Friendly - Edit

Nice place that I have also seen at the vegan festival in Newcastle. My partner had a burger which he said in his own words was "spot on". In Durham we had already eaten so just got one of their flapjacks and a vegan brownie. They were both excellent. Great to see this place doing well.

Pros: great cakes, location

Vegan friendly too! - Edit

A lovely little stall in Durham, it's there every Thursday and Saturday and sells the most delicious vegan brownies. They have many vegan options and are affordable too. Well worth visiting.

Pros: Vegan options., Delicious., Affordable.

Dressing up in costumes, playing silly games - Edit

No fancy dress here. This is an excellent meat free street food marquee in Durham Market Place with excellent vegan options. The burgers look quite sensational. As we'd just eaten we got a slice of chocolate and apricot flapjack and a rocky road. Only £1.25 each. Both absolutely delicious. The flapjack slice was huge, succulent and full of flavour. Sure to be back for more.

Pros: vegan choice, good value , location

Return to Darlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Green Guerrilla closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.