The Green Edge Store and Cafe

2b/229 Lutwyche Rd, Windsor, Brisbane, Queensland, QLD 4030

Cafe and store. Serves breakfast, lunch, cakes; and on Friday and Saturday dinner with reservation advisable, but not required. Store sells a range of groceries, including some bulk lines, chilled & frozen food, confectionery & snacks, cosmetics, baby products and nappies, vegan companion animal food, household & personal care products. Hosts educational and social events. Previoulsy at 3/191 Wardell St, Enoggera. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-6:00pm, Fri-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 8:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan

First Review by readywith

All vegan goodies - Edit

This very well stocked grocery store and all vegan cafe menu made it the perfect choice to take a non veg (but veg curious) friend for brunch. She was very impressed with her pancakes; I was less impressed with my choice of the mushroom tofu. Still, keen to revisit in the future.

Revisited with mostly non-veg family for the first time since under new ownership. The menu is mostly the same with a few tweaks. This time, I enjoyed the pancake - great value at $11 for one very thick pancake topped with banana, coconut icecream and a caramel sauce :).

Updated from previous review on 2016-05-14

Pros: All vegan

Best Vegan Supermarket and Cafe / Resturant - Edit

Has everything you need! Except fresh fruit and vegetables

Amazing food & service! - Edit

The green edge has been our vegan lifesaver. They have the best selection of groceries and great tasting food. It made transitioning to vegan so easy and we never feel like we are missing out on anything from our old diet. Highly recommend the "meatball" sub and pancakes!

Pros: Huge range of vegan groceries. , Vegan cakes, pizzas, cheese, ice cream + more., Great customer service, quick and friendly.

Fantastic Vegan Food & Grocery - Edit

This venue is great for quality vegan food. They have veganised most of the modern Western foods. They do fantastic breakfasts with scrambled tofu!

Pros: Amazing vegan food.

Cons: Medium pricing.

awesome food - Edit

The green edge is a great vegan restaurant/grocery store. Their food is delicious and they stock a great range of vegan products that you can't find anywhere else. Staff are friendly also.

Pros: friendly staff, yummy food, great range and menu

Cons: lack of parking, a bit expensive

Excellent - Edit

A proper place to get a proper feed. The staff make you feel at home. The menu has a good variety of dishes; full breakfasts, burgers, meals, desserts etc. All vegan.

Afterwards, you can browse the store to buy some supplies for when you get home.

It's always a treat.

Pros: Good food, Good value, Friendly atmosphere

Cons: Dishes can be oily

great range! - Edit

The range is extensive and the cafe food delicious, but watch out for the high high sugar content in all the slices/desserts

Has pretty much everything - Edit

So fun to see this place on the northside. Fab range of groceries particularly snacks and things that aren't available in the big retailers or health food shops. Everything is vegan so takes the label reading out which makes the experience more fun. Cafe is fab too - avoid busy times if you can as the kitchen is small and staff few but the food homey and tasty. It feels great to support this local business.

Radiates Goodness! - Edit

As the title suggests, this place absolutely radiates love and goodness. Extensive menu, delicious food, and a very tempting sweets cabinet. The market attached is also full of great vegan products, I could spend hours here!

Fantastic - Edit

The cafe food never disappoints. Love the peanut butter milkshake and "meatball sub" even an onmi I took was raving about it after. The grocery store is a great place to pick up specialty vegan items. Owners and staff always ready to help. Only issue is I always spend so much due to getting to excited by the wide range of vegan treats. The groceries are expensive but as they are from overseas and the shop isn't a chain it's understandable.

Pros: Great food , 100% vegan groceries , Helpful staff

Cons: Expensive (but understandable) , Sometimes sell out due to high demand

Vegan goodies hub ;) - Edit

I arrived here with a friend almost one hour after closing time on Sunday, having mixed up the times, yet Nev and his partner, who run the show, were still there finishing up and let us in to buy things.

They have a good range of products from various parts of the world in a nice, light-looking store. Unfortunately, because a lot of products are imported, this also makes them more pricey, but many people, i think, go for a treat or a splurge, rather than as a weekly shop.

This was the first time i'd driven to this incarnation of the store, and was a bit worried i might not get parking on the small street you enter on. As it turns out, they have their own little parking area, which was great for the time we arrived.

If you got there when the store was busy, though, i guess you'd likely have to find somewhere else.

We can be thankful we get access to the range of products The Edge offers, including a variety of frozen and refrigerated goods, and do it all in a store dedicated to vegan food and other products.

Pros: friendly owners, fair range, right next to vegan cafe

Cons: bit pricey, not warehouse size ; ), parking limited

Good range, Bad prices. - Edit

I usually spend around $200 each time I visit the green edge. Mainly because I want to support local vegan grocery stores, and because I want to try new products. I'm always impressed with the range of merchandise but disappointed by expensive prices.

Pros: A great range of vegan food, Friendly Staff

Cons: Expensive prices, Out of stock

The Green Edge - Vegan eatery and store. - Edit

Beautiful food and wonderful choice of dishes. Fantastic friendly service, very reasonably priced and great staff!!

Pros: ethical food, great menu, fabulously tasty dishes., wonderfully helpful, chatty and friendly staff and, reasonably priced and guilt free, cruelty free foo

Cons: wish it was in Sydney!!!!

Great range of supermarket products ! - Edit

I was excited to try this place after hearing about it. I had a hard time choosing from the menu..was feeling like something filling and substantial so ended up ordering sundered tomato pasta with a creamy coconut sauce. I was disappointed to discover there was not a creamy coconut sauce but a very oily one like I try to avoid when I eat pasta out. It tasted great though so I ate most of it trying to avoid the oil. Next time I'll go for a burger they looked good. Service a bit vague, forgot my chips. Supermarket experience was what impressed me ! Finally found a huge range of supplies ! Will be returning mostly for that reason.

Pros: product selection in their fridge

Cons: table service, oily

Awesome store!! - Edit

My partner and I went to The Green Edge Cafe and store a few weeks ago, it is fantastic! I found so many vegan goodies, including marshmallows, cookies and bars. There is a large freezer range, including ice cream, falafel, veggie burgers, tofu ect. They also had lots of different types of flours (chickpea, quinoa ect) and various vegan baking alternatives such as condensed milk which I was very excited about. While we were there we had lunch, I ordered the veggie burger, it was good, a little spicy for me but I can't handle very spicy food, my partner got the nachos, they were good also, we shared a strawberry milkshake which was very delicious with whipped cream on the top. It's great having an all vegan shop like this where I know I can get different bits and pieces for baking and snacks. We will definitely be returning soon.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good food, Wide range

Delicious! - Edit

Really good

Pros: Great food., Price was good! , Nice service.

Awesome Vegan Store & Best Vegan Food in Brisbane - Edit

Love Love Love this place! Such friendly staff, tasty fresh vegan food and the best ethical range of groceries in Brisbane! All fully vegan too. I ate the veggie burger and chips but I so want to go back and check out the rest of the menu. The desserts were amazing too. All dairy free and 100% vegan. They had lots of gluten free options too.

Pros: Food - 100% vegan, Service, Product Range

Cons: does not accept AMEX

A Brisbane Vegan's Staple - Edit

I have been coming here for years now. The Green Edge makes the most excellent, satisfying vegan meals. Their menu is full of traditionally non-vegan foods that are so so hard to find elsewhere. Try their pancakes for breakfast, and make sure you get a strawberry milkshake topped with whipped cream alongside it. Lunch? Their satay tofu burger (with hand-cut potato chips) is super satisfying, as are their nachos (which are smothered in guac & Daiya cheese). Their dinner service is lovely too, and desserts are to die for. Try ordering a hot chocolate here, as it will always come with a marshmallow on top.

The service is usually speedy, and the owners are especially kind.

I'll forever be a return customer.

Pros: Incredible food, Large portions, Wide variety of menu items

Return to Brisbane Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Green Edge Store and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.