The Green Chicpea

862 240-1500

59 Halsey St, Newark, New Jersey, USA, 07102

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual, kosher Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food. Pick and choose your own fillings for salad, bowl, baguette, or platter -- has veggies, falafel, hummus, etc. Open Mon-Thu 9:00am-6:00pm, Fri 9:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Mediterranean, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Kosher, Non-veg

First Review by deetsgooch

Delicious!! - Edit

Finding vegetarian food in Newark is challenging, but Green Chicpea far exceeded my expectations! Luckily I found a parking spot right around the corner, or it might not have happened. It was crowded inside and every table was occupied, or I ordered a veggie plate to go. It came with 5 big falafel, white or wheat pita, and choice of three salads (I picked tabouli, hummus, and Israeli potato salad) and choice of sauces (I picked tahini and a spicy jalapeño sauce - they are dairy free, so no tzatziki). The falafel were crispy outside, moist, tender and flavorful inside. The hummus was smooth as silk, and the potato salad was incredible! Everything was fresh & delicious, and portions were very generous. For $8.98 it was enough for two meals. My daughter attends college nearby, so we will be back frequently!

Pros: Fresh & tasty, Very reasonable prices, Generous portions

Cons: No tzatziki- should come up with a vegan version, Parking could be an issue, They do serve meat, so can't give 5 stars

Return to Newark Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Green Chicpea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.