The Green Boheme

Contact 916-474-5609

1611 Lead Hill Blvd Ste 160, Roseville, California, USA, 95661

Cafe providing raw vegan cuisine that's soy-free and gluten-free. The only non-vegan items is honey in drinks. Has kombucha on tap. Relocated to Roseville from Arden and re-opened Apr 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Fusion, All Raw

First Review by myhouseinorder

Delicious food, but small servings - Edit

The food is tasty and healthy, and they have awesome desserts. The restaurant itself is small, as are the serving sizes. Almost not worth the money.

Pros: healthy, delicious, many options

Cons: very small, the portions are tiny, very expensive

Thank you for coming to Roseville! - Edit

I loved this place when it was in Arden, but it was a bit of a drive. When they closed, I was upset because it was the one place in Sac where you can get a raw vegan meal with creativity. My friend heard it opened in Roseville, 4 miles from me, and rushed to tell me. I went the day I found out and it is just as amazing! Lots of diverse options (breakfast, noodles, sandwiches, desserts, etc...) and they all taste amazing. I've been going pretty often :-) definitely recommend this place!

Pros: raw vegan, many options to chose from, wifi

Cons: pricey, but worth it

Raw Vegan Paradise - Edit

Love everything Chef Brooke creates at The Green Boheme. You know you will get a safe healthy meal here. The desserts are out of this world amazing. Only con is they run out of meals from time to time, but are getting better everyday and it just goes to show they are in high demand and the food is extremely fresh.

Pros: extremely good food, amazing desserts, people care about you and your health

Cons: not open Saturday , can run out of dinner items

Words Cannot Describe the Awesomeness - Edit

The Green Boheme is where I enjoyed what will forevermore be the best vegan meal of my entire life. Everything was so unique and sounded so delicious that I ended up ordering multiple entrees, desserts, and drinks... and not a single one was disappointing. I would travel hours just to have lunch here. I still dream about the enchilada plate... no lies. If you find yourself within 200 miles of this place, make sure to take a detour and stop in. I promise you wont regret a single bite!

Best vegan meal of my life - Edit

I could rave about every item I had. My friend an I were so impressed with the selection that we each started with a smoothie, split 3 entrees, had 2 desserts, and took 2 home. We are never this indulgent, but everything was truly unique and exquisite, we had to try more. Try the portobello Benedict, or the enchilada. Raw cacao shake is to die for!

Pros: food, service, organic

Cons: hours

Amazing!! - Edit

They make your food right when you order and it is all delicious!! If you are in a rush just call ahead and they'll have it ready for you right when you get there!! They offer classes every Wednesday and have weekly meal plans that you can pick up on Thursday or Sunday!! Their veggie pizza is the best!! They just added a bunch of new items to their menu!! If you are anti honey a few of their drinks use it but they will sub it out for you if you ask! Really nice and fresh food! The chef, Brooke, is always there! A little pricey but I can usually make my order into two meals :-) Chocolate charge smoothie is addicting!!
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 23, 2012

Pros: Great food, Friendly

Cons: A little pricey

Best Raw Restaurant - Edit

I love the place. AMAZING food, always fresh, wonderful service.
The best raw food restaurant in Sacramento.
Thank you Brooke all of your hard work is appreciated.

If you are looking for a raw food restaurant, I highly recommend that you visit the Greene Boheme.

Pros: Amazing Food, Good Selection, Excellent Service /Good Price

Great Meal - Edit

I tried the tostada & horchata smoothie. Both were delicious. Tostada had a crunchy shell covered with vegan cheese, salsa, avocado, cabbage etc. Horchata smoothie had banana, dates, maca powder etc. Small cozy little place, friendly staff & free parking out front. Be aware some items have honey even though restaurant is advertised as "Vegan".

Pros: Delicious, Clean, Friendly

Cons: Need to look for Honey in ingredients, Closes at 8pm

I went raw and didn't look back! - Edit

This is the BEST raw restaurant in Sacramento. might be the only one worth visiting! wonderful organic restaurant with a varied menu. Amazing desserts. I am a lifer!

Pros: great food, cute dining room, feels like home

Cons: neighborhood

A good deal in a rough neighborhood - Edit

This place is in kind of a scary neighborhood. The city has clearly tried to spruce it up, but it's hard to escape a certain impression when you drive past a bail bond shop--nowhere near a jail--and have a prostitute walk up to your vehicle, even when you've parked a block away from where you first passed her, thinking you've stopped for her.

The restaurant itself is an oasis, with excellent food and very friendly service. Its menu offers one of the better introductions to raw food that one might ask for.

Some vegans will be dismayed by the presence of honey in many of their drinks. I ordered the hot cacao, which turned out not to be a drink, but more like pudding. It was divine.

I also had their not sea tuna sandwich, which was excellent. The food here is raw, so the bread was not baked and of a different consistency than many people will be used to. But it functioned like bread and tasted like bread. The sandwich itself was half-size, but nonetheless filling and accompanied by a generous salad. I left with the feeling I'd had a full meal for what was really not a lot of money.

Pros: food, service, ample parking in area

Cons: neighborhood, payware

Great Raw Food - Edit

I urge everyone to try raw food, this is a great place to experience it. I have loved everything I have ever ordered here. The pesto pizza is the best. Yes, the portions are small but the food is very nutrient-dense so you will not go away hungry. Warning to vegans, they use honey in some of the ice creams.

Pros: delicious, healthy

Cons: slow service, honey used (not vegan)

nice little place for lunch - Edit

One review said they are donation based. That is not true. They have fixed prices, and they are quite high. Small portions. They don't handle big crowds well, so go on a weekday.

Pros: healthy food, interesting food

Cons: high price, lack of good service, lack of seating space

Cute, Hip, & great food! - Edit

Green Boheme is in kind of a tough neighborhood, not where you would expect to find this kind of restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised, the staff is very nice, the interior has a cool vibe, and the food was great! It was my first raw experience, and it was great! Only complaint is that I thought the portion sizes were small, but then again I am a fat American. ;-)

Pros: Great food, Cool vibe

Cons: Small portions

Delicious - Edit

My husband and I have eaten at the Green Boheme many times. Food is always delicious, fresh, unique. Several times they've been out of something we wanted to order, but we were always happy with the items we ordered instead.

Service can be slow sometimes, so this is a good place to visit when you're not in a hurry. Food is not cheap, but your body is worth it.

One of my non-vegan friends said the Green Boheme's "cheese"cake was the best he'd ever had. He couldn't believe it was dairy- and sugar-free. Their "ice cream" is fantastic too.

Pros: Excellent food, Fantastic desserts

Cons: Sometimes out of things, Service can be slow

Freshly made and moderately priced - Edit

They were out of the two items i wanted to order...but ordered the tostada and was not disappointed. The owner who was behind the counter was very informative and answered my questions concerning raw food diet. The restaurant also has a library for restaurant visitors which seems excellent.

Pros: tasty food, good desserts, friendly staff

Peaceful and friendly - Edit

This is my first ever restaurant review... but I felt so welcomed and refreshed in this beautiful little space; I'm inspired! It is new and full of wonderful potential, but it is already such a gem. I loved the flax seed crackers and garlicky hummus appetizer we enjoyed, which really had a zing to it... and had that special extra full-rounded taste that only raw prepared food has. We also ordered a chocolate-y shake and a tropical smoothie, both of which used hemp cream as a base. I don't remember the exact names of these delicious concoctions, but I recommend them. They were delicious and FILLING. The pricing in this unusual cafe is especially enchanting, with a suggested contribution of $5 per menu item. Customers are invited to pay what they are able, but also to pay what they believe they compensates for what they have received. The cost is more than reasonable for raw food. I would recommend paying just a little more... or tipping generously, if you can. The friendliness factor is huge. I got hugs on my way out! I really felt I'd eaten with friends who cared about my health and wellness. I will definitely be back... for food, classes, products and delicious drinks.

P.S. Check out the amazing mural by artist, Christo on the interior wall. It is not to be missed!

Pros: excellent, healthy food, good value, flexible pricing, friendly, caring staff

Return to Roseville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Green Boheme closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8425 times since May 2009.