CLOSED: The Green Bean

812-333-4200

410 W 4th St, Bloomington, Indiana, USA, 47404

Coffee shop serving soups organic fair trade coffee in addition to sandwiches, baked goods, vegan carrot cake muffin. Bring your own mug for a discount. Has Wi-Fi. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American

First Review by alllifeissacred

It's a Bird! It's a plane! NO! It's The Green Bean - Edit

Kind of sounds what a restaurant would be named if it were a superhero. Well The Green Bean is a superhero for the environment. They offer an all vegetarian menu, discounts for bringing your own mug, many organic fair trade ingredients, plus outside seating plush with plant life on a patio made from reclaimed local limestone seconds.

I have tried the coffee which is not only organic but fair trade as well. It is very good & only a buck plus some change. A lot cheaper than Starbucks I can tell you than much.

I have also tried their baked goods. I especially like their vegan carrot cake muffins ($1.25) & vegan chocolate chip pecan cookies which are only 75 cents.

The owners often work in & around the shop. They are friendly and well educated. I suspect they are in it for more than just the money as they are very socially conscious people.

They also make soups, sandwiches, & varying specialty dishes like lasagna.

Oh and don't forget the lemonade made fresh from real squeezed on the premises lemons. I've tried it & though a wee bit sweet for my tastes still very refreshing on a hot summers day.

I highly recommend this cafe to any and all of those interested.

Pros: Friendly Local Mom & Pop, Cheap yet ethically products, Good Food & Drink

Cons: A bit on the small side, 1 or 2 max working at any one time, Limited Hours

Return to Bloomington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Green Bean closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.