The Gray Cafe

760-261-2443

13104 Palm Dr (at Hacienda Ave), Desert Hot Springs, California, USA, 92240

A holistic cafe/mini health food store. Offers fresh pressed daily made-in-house hemp milk, almond milk and faux meats such as seitan. Cafe menu items include spring rolls, burgers, wraps, salads, island teriyaki bowl, ginger sesame chow mein, raw juices, date shakes, watermelon raspberry lemonade, sweet potato fries, falafel, seitan loaf, elderflower and rose lemonade. Books. Local art. Nutritionist. A quick jump off the I-10 freeway near Palm Springs or Rte 62 on the way to Joshua Tree. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-7:00pm, Sat 10:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Organic, Raw, Western, Mediterranean, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Mexican, Caribbean, Middle Eastern, Deli

First Review by Bekindbekind

Very underwhelming - Edit

I was excited to come here as Ive seen the good reviews on google maps and happy cow. Although, I was very disappointed as the food turned out to be very underwhelming for the price. I only eat at vegan and vegetarian restaurants and this has to be the lamest one Ive been to yet. The very hot food is given to you in a styrofoam container for take out, for a place that calls themselves "holistic" I wouldve thought they would be more aware of the reasons to avoid using styrofoam with hot food. The container the sauce came in had a WARPED/MELTED cap from the heat of the food, again this concerned me for my health as I try to avoid excessively heating plastics around/that touch my food. This does not seem very holistic.
Though the food came with sauce it was a minimal amount, the food was bland and there was nothing to it regarding flavor. There was hardly any sauce, the conatiner was tiny. It was pretty much just vegetables and noodles, not much of anything else, something it could make way better at home. For the price, I expected a flavorful dish, in which i was left very disappointed. The person I came with could not even finish half their dish.
Although on a more positive note the other items we purchased were not nearly as disappointing as the main dish.
They also overcharged me by a few dollars on top of it all, almost like they tipped themselves.
It seems like money is more important to them than quality and performance.

Pros: Vegan establishment

Cons: Overpriced, Not careful in choice of container use, Underwhelming food

great! - Edit

Very tasty and inexpensive little vegan place in the middle of junk food desert.

yum - Edit

I love this place!! Now I can have some real food when I come to the hot springs ❤❤❤
They are warm and friendly. The food is tasty and good for you.

Pros: they are adding a breakfast menu. GF options and g

Cons: none

Gray Cafe is Great Cafe! - Edit

Had the teriyaki plate (with yummy orange basmati rice), a burger, smoothies, really fresh spring roll. The burger had a choice of sweet potato fries or broccoli--we chose the latter and it was in outstanding sauce. Date shake was great! Tucked away in the Stater Bros. shopping center, a straight shot off the I-10.

Pros: mango madness smoothie was so good we ordered a se

Return to Desert Hot Springs Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Gray Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.