CLOSED: The Grateful Green Food Truck

574-520-0702

Indianapolis area, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, 46614

This vegan food truck began serving breakfast and lunch, juices and smoothies in Feb 2016. Check its webpage for latest locations & updates. Previously in South Bend. Confirmed closed, Oct 2017.

Categories: Vegan, American, Organic, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out only

First Review by VeganYum

Well worth the chase around South Bend! (non locals) - Edit

Good on 'em for putting an epic vegan "chicken" salad and "tuna" salad sandwich on their menu!! As my husband said after we devoured both sandwiches leaving just tiny crumbs for our kids (kidding ;) "it's brings me back to grandma's kitchen."

We went back the next day for more before leaving town!

---
Who are we? We're the Goldstein's, a family traveling (almost) full-time around the country for a year now in our RV with two little girls, a vegan chef husband, a yoga teacher, a dog and a jeep in tow. Our mission is to enjoy this gift of a once in a lifetime journey experiencing conscious community, American culture, and epic vegan food wherever we can find it.

Read more about our Journey at www.tweeyoga.com/journey or #thejourneyisthedestinationtour photos on Instagram.

---
What are we comparing this food to? We've dined from coast-to-coast from Adam Sobel's Cinnamon Snail food trucks and Chloe's veggie burgers in the Village in NYC to Isa Moskowitz's comfort food culinary genius fused with fancy dining at Modern Love in Omaha, to Kale Cafe's home grown rasta-inspired vibes in Daytona Beach, to Evolution Fast Food in San Diego's surfer and tattoos neighborhoods, to casual and super friendly yummy eats at Wayward Vegan Cafe in Seattle just to name a few of our favorites!

Check out more of our Favorites around the country here at Happy Cow under Twee-G. I will be adding an upcoming blog and more epic eats from our first Journey Tour this past Summer 2015 (from NYC to the Pacific Northwest and back).

South Bend's first all-vegan restaurant!! - Edit

I'm so excited about having a vegan restaurant and another option for picking up breakfast & lunch on the way to work!

I had the hot oatmeal and sunflower power smoothie for breakfast. I also ordered a kale salad to eat later for lunch. The oatmeal had a cooked apple topping with chopped pecans that was tangy and gingery. Delicious! The smoothie was also excellent--ideally, I'd swap the candied ginger in the smoothie for raw ginger but I'd still order it again as-is. The kale salad is fresh and has a light avocado-lemony dressing. The portions and prices were good.

If I could suggest menu additions, a non-sweet breakfast option would be great--maybe a breakfast sandwich or burrito? I'd also love an all-green juice that didn't have fruit juice in it. I try not to eat much sugar, including fruit juice.

Another suggestion is taking phone-in or online orders. The service was fast, but standing outside in winter even briefly can get cold!

Pros: All-vegan restaurant, Healthy options, Delicious food

Cons: Having to stand in the cold, Somewhat limited menu options

Return to Indianapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Grateful Green Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.