The Good Bite Kitchen

Contact 518-637-2860

2501 Main Street, Ste 1, Lake Placid, New York, USA, 12946

Opened summer 2012, this restaurant serves vegetarian fare in a casual atmosphere with counter seating. The lunch menu is seasonal and typically include dips with pita, soups and stews, salads, hand pies, quiche, and a selection of baked goods. Beverages include house-made soda and fresh brewed iced tea. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-4:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out

First Review by markc7

Cute Space, Good Food, Quick Service - Edit

It's great to have a vegan option in the area where the kitchen isn't made to fuss with menu items to make them edible for me. Most of the fine dining options in the area offer no vegan entrees on the menu. I found this surprising. I figured there would be more health focused restaurants in the area since it is a location that attracts so many athletes for training. I had a few meals here. It was good. Nothing stunning. Maybe a tad overpriced for what it is, but I'm happy to support a restaurant serving no meat. The tempeh sandwich is good, but it would take three of them to make a meal for me.

Pros: No meat., Cute space with friendly staff., Great location. Quick service.

Cons: Smallish portions., Most things were a bit overdressed for my taste, b, Wish they would be full vegan.

Small-scale but good - Edit

I wasn't blown away, but this was good, filling, and friendly. Half of the menu was vegan on the day we went, and the food was tasty. We weren't full on what we ordered, but that's probably our fault.

Service was friendly, and it's always nice to support vegetarian businesses. We were happy and would have gone back, if we weren't just passing by.

Pros: No meat, Friendly, Delicious

nice and quick - Edit

Splendid little corner restaurant with vegan/veg options. Limited seating and closes early! This is the only exclusively vegan/veg restaurant in Lake Placid so please eat there before it closes at 5 pm. They serve healthy warm and cold dishes. Sunflower seeds are served as an appetizer. Very pleased with this cute establishment !

Pros: food is fresh and tasty, place is clean , outdoor seating available

Cons: closes too early, limited seats

I wish I found this place sooner. - Edit

Found this restaurant in the dining guide while we were on vacation. The food was delicious, healthy, and as a vegan it was a nice change that I could eat almost anything on the menus for that day. The service was quick, there are limited seats, I was happily surprised how busy they were, so be prepared to take out.

Pros: great food, quick service, nice atmosphere

Cons: limited seating

Good Value, Good Food, Small Space - Edit

First off, great value here. The food was tasty but not overly spiced like done vegetarian restaurant food trends to be. There are only six or seven stools for eating in, so plan to take your food out unless you want to be squished or hurried. Overall, definitely a place I would eat again.

Pros: Value, Good Quality, Friendly Staff

Cons: Only A Few Seats

Return to Lake Placid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Good Bite Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.