The Golden Lion

+44-1634880521

147–151 High St, Rochester, England, ME1 1EL

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of Wetherspoon Pub chain. Has separate vegan menu. From the early 19th century until the 1920s, 147 High Street had been The Golden Lion; the name lives on in this historic Wetherspoon pub and hotel. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sun 7:00am-1:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by TARAMCDONALD

Cheap and easy - Edit

Finally realised that the Wetherspoons UK chain pub has a separate vegan & vegetarian menu. I'm on a diet at the moment and whats great about the menu is it also lists calorie information. The food was really reasonably priced, I didn't have the PETA award winning vegan curry as the calorie count was higher than I'm allowing myself, but I will definitely go back and try that another time. I had the 5 bean chilli and my partner went for the naked burrito with a side of chips. Cost us £14.00 with drinks ;) Its not fancy vegan food, its good pub grub and really good value for money and I will be going back again soon. Plus there are Wetherspoons restaurants all over the UK with the same menu so its a safe bet :) Thumbs up!

Updated from previous review on 2017-08-30

Pros: Reasonably priced, clearly labels vegan

Return to Rochester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Golden Lion closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.