The Golden Lion Pub

Contact +44-1962865512

99 Alresford Rd, Winchester, England, SO23 OJZ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pub offering a separate vegan menu with mains and desserts. Also a gluten free menu. Ask and staff will bring you one of the menus. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-2:30pm, Mon-Sat 6:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm. Food serving hours

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by Lacto63

Good but simple food in a lovely pub - Edit

The food (vegan and non-vegan alike) were both good but nothing special, probably a bit expensive given the quality but the portions were huge.

The atmosphere is lovely and the staff are friendly!

Pros: Nice Atmosphere, Parking, Big Portions

Cons: Expensive, Nothing-Special Food

Very Thoughtful Staff - Edit

We had a family lunch here on Christmas Eve. I had mentioned that we had 2 elderly family members and when we arrived we found they had taken the initiative to reserve a disabled parking space for us. Although the pub was busy the service was very good and friendly and everyone, vegan, vegetarian and omnivores enjoyed their food. Very nice old-fashioned pub atmosphere with a real log fire.

Pros: Vegan menu, Thoughtful staff

vegan menu - Edit

A couple of veg options on the main menu but also ask for the vegan menu. Menu available on their website. My experience was great. Great food and staff. Definitely recommend it and will go again if I'm in that area.

Return to Winchester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Golden Lion Pub closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.