Something at The Glad Cafe

+44-141636 6119

1006a Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow, Scotland, G41 2HG

Serves meat, vegan options available. Non-profit social enterprise serving breakfasts and brunch from 9am-4pm then evening sharing plates from 5pm, plus live music, films, poetry and art events. Since early 2017 the kitchen added a range of vegetarian and vegan dishes for breakfast and lunch including vegan cakes. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Bakery, British, Fusion, Scottish, Non-veg

First Review by annie.virtual

Delicious, creative vegan options - Edit

I like that there's a separate vegetarian menu with the vegan options marked as it makes it easy to read the many vegan options.

There was a group of us there for lunch to sample food from Justin, who moved his food business - Something - into The Glad Cafe on July 1st. He used to run a restaurant in Clarkston and has now resurrected his brand under this pop up venture. We loved his food back then and were excited to try his new dishes.

We were told by a member of staff we may have a little wait for food, but we know the food would be fresh and we could see it was very busy, so we didn't mind. We weren't waiting too long.

The tofu scramble was delicious. The fries were good, I'd probably opt for something else next time though.

They're only open for breakfast and brunch right now but soon to open for evening meals. I presume there will also be something decent for vegans offered.

The cafe quite often doesn't have vegan cake whenever I'm in (this is the cafe's domain, not Justin's). I believe sometimes they may have a flapjack. Enjoy your meals and head elsewhere for a sweet and a coffee.

Pros: Very tasty food, Lots of options, Decent prices

Cons: The cafe has lots of vegan customers but no cakes, The cafe's wifi setup is a bit of a pain, None

in love with their breakfast - Edit

We go to the Glad Cafe on a regular basis for breakfast and sometimes lunch. Definitely one of the best vegan breakfast options in Glasgow. Delicious scrambled tofu, and mushroom ragout to die for... They offer a range of breakfast options as well as at least one lunchtime sandwich option that is vegan. Also the salads of the day is generally vegan. And soups of course. Soya milk for coffee/ tea.

Pros: Delicious food and relaxed atmosphere.

Cons: The coffee cups could be a little bigger... ;)

Return to Glasgow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Something at The Glad Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.