The Giving Tree Cafe

0401-212280

194 Kingaroy St, South Burnett, Queensland, 4610

An all-vegan cafe serves freshly made-in-house salads, burgers, smoothies and juices, in addition to unique cakes and sweets. Menu changes often. Owned by two vegans. Relaxed funky atmosphere. Open Mon 11:00am-4:00pm, Tue-Thu 9:00am-4:00pm, Fri 9:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Raw, Western, Salad bar, Juice bar, Bakery

First Review by Rabbitnom

Amazing food, great prices - Edit

I came to The Giving Tree with a sense of both excitement and trepidation. I was truly in awe of how this small town could support a fully vegan cafe, but I was also sceptical of how good it could be. As it happens, it was brilliant.

As I entered, I was struck by the range of foods on offer. The cabinets were full of interesting (not to mention delicious) looking savouries, as well as sweet treats. I decided to go with a double "cheese" burger, and my girlfriend with a more conventional veggie burger, and they were priced at only $10 and $7 respectively. So far, I was very impressed.

Then the burgers came out. They were huge, and they looked utterly amazing. I chowed down on my double cheeseburger, and I have to say it transported me right back to my teenage years. It was so filling and delicious and a tiny bit gross (in a good way), all in the right proportions. My girlfriend's burger was equally delicious, albeit much healthier.

Overall, the Giving Tree was a fantastic experience. If you're vegan in Kingaroy, you don't have many other options, but with a place like this, you don't need them.

Pros: Delicious food, Cheap, Good portion sizes

Afternoon delight. - Edit

Great little oasis of good food and coffee in location not renowned for animal rights.
I arrived late but tasted a great muffin to hold me over till dinner.
Looking forward to lunch tomorrow with bigger choice .
Very good service by young people who are passionate about the business and don't mind a chat about being vegan.

Pros: Relax atmosphere , Great choices

Cons: none

Worth the drive - Edit

What a lovely little oasis in the middle of killing-animals country.

We had ice coffees, potato bake, pizza, zucchini bread plus we took with us sausage rolls to die for, a velvet cupcake and snickers slice. All these items were yum yum yum!

Please go for the drive and support this yummy vegan business.

We loved the secret garden in the back, which was perfect for us and our dogs to relax and enjoy the serenity while enjoying delicious food.

Pros: Great selection and all yummy, Inexpensive plus friendly staff, Lovely secret garden & dogs allowed

Hidden Gem - Edit

We had a little difficulty finding this place, the google maps address is wrong and the signage is non existent, but I was pleased once we found it. The food was great we had perfect bean burgers with the softest burger buns and fantastic sauce, and a delicious snickers slice. The juices and hot drinks were also great, I have never seen foam that beautifully thick on a vegan cappuccino before. The atmosphere was a bit ordinary and they brought out everything at once instead of bringing the slice straight from the fridge and some drinks whilst the burgers cooked - and they weren't busy so it wasn't that. Other than that I loved it, solid vegan food and great drinks, will definitely be back next time I'm in the area.

Pros: great vegan food , fridge with smaller items and sweets, fresh juices and smoothies

Cons: hard to find, ordinary atmosphere and seating

Return to South Burnett Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Giving Tree Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.