The German Bakery

• Vegetarian
Contact 0832-227-3443

Starco Junction, S Arjuna, Goa, India,

This restaurant offers wheatgrass, herbal teas, tofu, hummus, tandoori, salad, espresso, cappuccino, lassi, pizza, and kombucha tea. Big comfortable booths, music, and Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sun early-late.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Indian, Macrobiotic, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine

First Review by animalattorney

My office - Edit

I love this place. I could eat here everyday, in fact I do eat here almost everyday that I am in Goa. Try the Brahmnai salad. They make a great chai too.

Pros: They will make subsitions on anything, nice big booths, good music

Lots of potential if staff had more menu knowledge - Edit

We visited here primarily for the vegan cakes. Naturally we were a bit disappointed when we were told they were not available. However, the main disappointment was that our waiter didn't know what was vegan on the menu. At the back of the menu it says that they welcome feedback. The feedback I gave at the time and reiterate now is that it would be wonderful if vegan items could be marked on the menu and if waiting staff knew what vegan meant and what items were vegan. Labeling the two cakes that are suitable is a great start but please continue as it put us off what could be a brilliant, must-visit cafe.

Pros: lots of choice, lots of covers

Cons: unsure what was vegan

I REALLY REALLY loved this place!!! - Edit

So when you are traveling in India, the only fruit you can easily eat regularly without "treating" it is a banana. So when I found the German bakery, I was in heaven! Organic fresh vegan food! It was fabulous!

Everything healthy - Amazing ambiance! Upright tables and comfortable booths where you sit on the floor like in the picture. The people are all awesome too ~

The food was delicious too! I can't rave more about this place!!!!

Pros: beet salad, soups, avocado bean salad

Cons: they're in India, Not in San Francisco, Not in California

Return to Goa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The German Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 877 times since Jul 2010.