The Gardener's Arms

+44-1242-620257

Beckford Rd, Alderton, England, GL20 8NL

Serves meat, veg options available. A 16th century pub. Has veg/vegan menu options, wines suitable for vegan, dairy-free ice cream. Open Mon 9:00am-2:30pm, Mon-Thu 5:30pm-10:00pm, Tue-Fri 9:30am-2:30pm, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-12:00am, Sat 9:30am-10:30pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by capers123

100% worth a visit - Edit

Absolutely delicious roast dinner. Plenty of vegan options too. My partner had sticky toffee pudding and I had chocolate brownie for dessert and they were both fantastic. Lots of vegan wines/ ales to choose from too. Great pub which makes an effort for those eating vegan. Would give it 5 star but happycow doesn't let you choose 5 anywhere that serves meat.

Pros: Good portion, Friendly staff, Excellent food

a fantastic find! - Edit

This pub has great staff who were so friendly and helpful. Delicious food and great venue indoors and out.
They have five vegan options, plus starter and dessert options! I was too full from my vegan lasagne to fit a pud in so will just have to go back and try again :)
Planning to try their vegan roast next!

Food for our whole family! - Edit

Despite our Vegan daughter not being with us, we had a very good lunch last Sunday. Three generations, all vegetarian, including one who dislikes mushrooms, peas, dried fruit, creamy things (and so forth).

We all skipped Starters as we suspected that portions would be generous. Two of us had veggie Nut Roast, complete with Yorkshire pudding and cauliflour cheese. One had vegan Chilli (vegan Quorn mince based) and the other Pumpkin & Chickpea Curry (again vegan). We couldn't fault any of it.

Unusually for me, I managed to finish everything on my plate (Nut Roast), although there were a few veg left in side dish. Liked having a separate jug of (veggie) gravy.

Puddings. I had the [much better than I expected] Cardamon & Rice Pudding Samosas. Four small filo samosa filled with what tased like a coconut milk based sticky-rice flavoured with cardamon. To my delight it wasn't sweet and the passion fruit sorbet on the side was the ideal foil. Two had normal choc brownies with ice cream, one had a vegan version served with vegan ice cream.

Given it was a packed Sunday lunchtime, we thought the service was pretty speedy - 20 mins from ording to service (don't forget we didn't have starters). However, both serving staff and management apologised for the wait!

Staff were polite & very efficient without being intrusive. Pricing is reasonable for good quality food. Booking is strongly advised for Sunday lunch.

Pros: Home-made vegan pub food, Good selection

Return to Alderton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Gardener's Arms closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.