The Garden Shed Cafe

+44-1926730776

7 Regent Place (at Bath St), Leamington Spa, England, Cv31 1eh

Cafe est. Jan 2015 as vegetarian and switched to all-vegan in Apr 2016. Located in outbuilding behind Gaia Wholefoods store. Serves breakfast made with its house-made vegan sausage plus grilled wraps, sandwiches, and a daily special. Range of vegan cakes. Room hire available. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-4:00pm, Sat 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Take-out, Bakery, British

First Review by Good for Vegans

Amazing! - Edit

I absolutely love the garden shed cafe. The cafe made being vegan even more easy for me. Both ladies that own the cafe are lovely and extremely welcoming. The place is honestly like no other, from its decor to its vibe. It's a shame I'm leaving the area and won't be able to go frequently, but I will indeed be back. My favourites are the 'cheddar' and chutney panini and the PLT! :)

Great for lunch - Edit

Found this place on Happy Cow and as it is all vegan, decided to pop in for lunch as we were passing.

Between us we had a vegan breakfast, a piece of quiche and some pizza.

All were tasty, the quiche and pizza being served with an ordinary salad. The breakfast was as one would expect, with their own homemade sausage which was very tasty. All three were of the right size to make sure you had room for cake ;)

There were four different cakes to choose from and we had Oreo cake, white chocolate with raspberry and cherry bakewell. They were all very tasty, although two were slightly dry. The cherry bakewell was definitely the best.

There were two couples in when we arrived, who appeared to be just finishing and we were served reasonably quickly although I imagine there could be quite a wait for some dishes if it got busier.

Would def recommend this place though.

Pros: All vegan., Daily specials

Cons: Small, so could struggle to get a seat

Quaint cafe but bad service - Edit

Nice people, nice food but bad service. Waited an hour and a half for a sandwich, soup and salad, only to be told that soup had run out - despite people who arrived after us being served soup before us. Only 5 tables so would expect better organisation.

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-13

Pros: Quaint cafe , Home-made food

Cons: Wait was far too long for easy lunch items, Service lacks cohesion , Not very attentive table waiting

A must have experience for every vegetarian/vegan! - Edit

I visited The Garden Shed Cafe today (30/07/16). The position is ideal as it's located behind a very good organic food shop and a gym (healthy lifestyle themed area :) ). I also loved the fact that the place was so quiet like it was in a village or something.

The two ladies that own the shop were very friendly, helpful and passionate about their work (I am a Greek, so I can understand from miles away who loves cooking or not).

Music was very relaxing.
The place was small but very cozy. I felt really comfortable and relaxed.

As far as the food concerned, we ordered a pizza and a quiche (both came with a side salad). Both were ABSOLUTELY great. I never thought that vegan cuisine can be SOOOO tasty.

There was only one negative and I think that the owners ought to fix it. The side salads were both from ALDI :( I know that because I always buy it. It's not the cheapest that ALDI offers, but when you go to a vegan restaurant, you always expect this something little extra :)

Prices are great and portions very good.

Pros: The food, Friendly enviroment, Prices

Cons: The side salads from ALDI

Nice and cosy - Edit

Tucked away behind Gaia Healthfoods at the bottom of Leamington Spa's main shopping road is The Garden Shed Café. We have been a couple of times so far and it has always been good. They have vegan options including cake on offer. The café is quite small and can get busy but if the weather is nice you can sit outside. Very friendly staff. Definitely worth a daytime visit if you are shopping in Leamington. They post lots of updates on Facebook too so you can see what the daily specials are or what cake is available today!

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Family Friendly, Nice staff

Cons: Small and so can get busy

Return to Leamington Spa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Garden Shed Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.