First Review by PinkFairy

A great find! - Edit

I parked myself here while my boyfriend went shopping. The staff were really helpful in finding me somewhere to sit (I am on crutches) and waited on me to some degree - which is really nice as it's not a table service sort of place.

I was able to eat 2 types of cake (I am vegan & coeliac), both of which were really lovely. I wish we had been there longer as their lunch offerings looked really nice.

There was a good range of produce in the shop and it was nice to sit and look at what was on sale while I ate my cake(s).

Pros: Great staff, Tasty (gluten-free) cakes

Cons: Perhaps a little pricey

cute cafe - Edit

Visited a couple of Sundays ago to find that day they'd decided to shut early. I was gutted as was making a 90 mile round trip to go there.
Today, luckily it was open. I loved the look of the garden but was a bit chilly so we sat inside.
Lovely vegan burger. Staff ok, not amazing. Went back later for a yummy choc orange vegan cake. Would like to see more vegan options. Just one cake out of about 8. Lovely take away latte. I'd visit again

Pros: vegan cake!

Cons: shuts when not planned to, more vegan options would be good, little pricey

Always a treat - Edit

Super, busy little place that does us proud on our annual visits to Frome. Yes the prices for main meals may seem a bit high, but the portions are big, the flavours fulsome and the atmosphere good and rustic. There's even a children's corner tucked under the stairs. Fresh, organic veggies and bread are also available along with a small selection of grocery goods - again rather pricey but good for a treat.

Pros: Good cafe food for veggies and vegans, Friendly and relaxed atmosphere

Cons: Not a great range of vegan cakes / puds, Can be a bit cramped, A bit top heavy on the pricing

Good food, high prices - Edit

Great food, good variety, high quality. Pleasant cafe, if a little small. Very spacious patio garden at back. Prices are expensive. Recommended, but only if you have deep pockets and don't mind paying over the odds.

Pros: good food, pleasant patio garden, friendly

Cons: expensive

Nice setting but a little pricey - Edit

This is a lovely little vegetarian restraurant with a decent selection of vegan options. They do have some snack type things, for under a fiver but most dishes, including the vegan burger and chips are nearer £10.00. The staff are helpful and you can have a lovely coffee and vegan flapjack for less than £4.00. However there isn't much else in the way of desserts for vegans. There is a pretty little courtyard garden at the back. The place is very child friendly and even has a little play area for them. Can get very busy.

Pros: Good vegan options for main meals, Child friendly, Pretty Courtyard Garden

Cons: A little expensive

Return to Frome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Garden Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.