• The Foundry Arms

Ovo
Beer/Wine
British
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional English pub offering a dedicated vegan menu, which includes choices for all courses. Also has a gluten free menu. Dog friendly. Open Mon-Sun 12:00-23:00.

Venue map for The Foundry Arms
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by HollyHoneychurch

NicholaCarr

Points +66

31 Oct 2021

Lovely vegan roast

Several vegan options on menu including an apple tarte tatin. Food was excellent and service fantastic.

Goonkah

13 Aug 2021

Vegeterian/ Vegan tagine disaster

Having read positive reviews on vegan meal options at this pub, we decided to have a diner here on the 10 of August 2021. My partner is not vegan and he had a beef pie and I ordered a vegan tagine.
We were not aware of any separate vegan menu, there was a choice of 2 vegan main meals. I had a vegan tagine and my partner who is not vegan had a beef pie. While his pie seemed tasty, my tagine lacked flavours and had no sauce.The ingredients didn't match the description on the menu. With a heavy heart I had to send it back to the kitchen and have another starter (pea and mint soup, which was nice). I received apologies from the chef and my soup was offered for free. However I was truly disappointed, I think that was the worst vegan meal I have ever ordered. Shame because the place and staff were very nice.
We were not shown / offered any dessert menu.

Updated from previous review on 2021-08-11

Pros: Nice location, Friendly staff, Homemade food

Cons: Vegan menu not displayed, Dessert menu not displayed, No one checked on us after serving us the food

EppleJotson

Points +141

28 Jul 2021

Excellent choice of vegan options

Country pub with fabulous beer garden offering at least five vegan main course options.
Even better as that usual boring 4 or 5 bean chili wasn't on the menu!!

Updated from previous review on 2021-07-28

Pros: Good selection of starters and mains

GreenMercury

Points +198

06 Sep 2020

Range of Vegan Options

Friendly and welcoming for a Sunday lunchtime walk-up.

Pros: Different Menus on different days, Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding!, Friendly staff

ThePlantGuy

08 Sep 2019

No food on a Sunday evening

Be useful to have that in the description.

LisaRatcliffe

03 Aug 2019

Good choice and friendly staff

Excellent selection of options on the menu for vegans. I had the tomato and mushroom stroganoff which came with rice and a selection of vegetables which was very tasty. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Reasonable prices

Cons: Only sorbet for a vegan pudding

CharliEvans

Points +82

08 Sep 2018

Vegan shepherds pie

Bit of a noisy little country pub with surprisingly many vegan options but loads to keep omnis happy too. Dogs were a highlight for us but my shepherds pie was also delicious!

ChrisMitchelmore

Points +24

30 Aug 2018

Very unexpected

A lovely country pub complete with the country vibe of dogs sleeping in their beds by the bar and super friendly staff. Their menu has specific vegan food on it including a lovely vegan shepherds pie and rice pudding! So good we went back again.

Pros: Different vegan dishes to the usual, Super friendly staff, Fresh food! Didn’t taste like fried faux meat

HappyPigJo

Points +189

19 Jul 2018

friendly, proper vegan dishes, cute dogs

Had a great time. Daughter had fun playing with the landlady's dogs. Great to have proper vegan dishes (we had shepherd's pie, bangers and mesh, both with all-vegan ingredients).

PennyJones

Points +92

12 Jul 2018

What a lovely find

Excellent vegan options including puddings. The shepherds pie was delicious as were the sausages. Good friendly staff, very dog friendly. Will be definitely going again.

Pros: Vegan options and GF, Vegan puddings, Nice to have three courses to choose from

Vaillequevaille

Points +170

30 Mar 2018

Separate vegan menu

Staff very friendly and knew about veganism. The Shepard’s pie was excellent and there are other options on a separate vegan menu. Unfortunately the desserts aren’t made onsite (and are warmed up flapjacks) with everything else but they do provide vegan custard and ice cream to make up for it. Booking recommended.

Pros: separate vegan menu , friendly staff

Cons: need to up the game on desserts but options are th

prisonerofmars

Points +46

25 Feb 2018

A gem of a find.

Great service. Great food. Perfect Sunday lunch comfort food. Delicious vegan shepherds pie.

Pros: service, friendliness of all staff, great food

EmilyChilds

Points +26

27 Nov 2017

delicious vegan options

A great little find. The vegan options are very flavoursome. I had the vegan shepherd's pie and my mum had the nut roast both were delicious. We only wish we had room for the vegan chocolate tiffin. Planning on heading back tomorrow for a second helping

Pros: some tasty vegan and veggie options

HollyHoneychurch

Points +74

27 Aug 2016

Amazing vegan custard!

We had a really tasty meal at The Foundry Arms - shepherd's pie with lentils and mash and a side of crispy scrummy sweet potato chips. Then for dessert it was chocolate tiffin and the most delicious vegan custard ever. We finished it all up. Yum! There's one vegan meal on the menu and we really appreciated it. Friendly staff and two cute doggies for entertainment to. Thank you everyone! Smiles and sparkles
: )