First Review by maliciouskami

Painfully overpriced :( - Edit

It is a food co-op, they've a pretty solid bulk food selection, small selection of local produce, and locally made goods, sandwiches, etc. I heartily support my food co-op when possible (Albuquerque has a great one) but I cannot figure out how in the world this particular co-op is so freakin' expensive (bulk items can be 2x to 3x the price of Whole Foods, which is majorly significant, and not hyperbole). Prices like these perpetuate the idea that healthy food is only for the monetarily privileged. Unless your life is configured in such a way that you bank large amounts of money, it is extremely difficult to justify shopping here for anything more than the occasional tasty sandwich/wrap/nori-thing when hungry on the go—oh, they DO have bulk oil and soap, the one major plus that I'd advocate for.

Pros: Bulk oil and soap

Cons: Prices that make me very sad

The Best Grocery Store in Town! - Edit

The Food Co-op offers so much for vegans! They have a vegan sandwich item everyday, plus all sort of other deli items. They were the first grocery store in Fort Collins to offer Daiya cheese! The staff is always so friendly when I go in there. I love how they know me by name. Every once in awhile I have to go somewhere else to get something they don't carry, but it's rare.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Bulk, Local

Cons: Close Early

Vegan-Friendly - Edit

A very small store, but they have a lot of vegan stuff that can't be found in Whole Foods (that I know of) like vegan baby wipes and vegan chicken nuggets. They have lots of fresh produce that looked amazing. They also have fresh vegan baked goods.

Pros: unique items, vegan options, vegan baked goods

Cons: busy location, small, vegan cheese overpriced

Return to Fort Collins Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Fort Collins Food Co-op closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.