The Food Forest

Contact 705-874-1888

135 Hunter St, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada, K9H2K7

Vegan cafe and juice bar serving coffee, tea, smoothies, organic, healthy food that's plant based and gluten free. Licensed. Open late. Previously located on George St North, May 2015. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-7:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Canadian

First Review by SamanthaCheryl

First Time There - Excellent! - Edit

We enjoyed everything about our experience at The Food Forest! It is a cute restaurant located on a street where there are lots of shops, restaurants, etc.

We loved the variety of the menu. We popped in for a quick snack and shared a Green Warrior Smoothie (so many choices for smoothies and lots of options to add to your smoothie), Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup, and the Pesto Sandwich that came with a side salad. The food was delicious. It was so fresh and very full of flavor!

The service was wonderful and the prices were very reasonable.

We didn't have time for dessert but they looked delicious in the case, especially the macaroons!

To us it had a very nice energy with a community feeling to it with a large corkboard to post events and local artwork on the walls for sale.

We highly recommend checking out their menu online or just go if you want to be surprised :-)

We are looking forward to going back and trying more items on the menu!

Pros: Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Great Energy

AMAZING EVERY TIME - Edit

I've been hooked on the mushroom lentil burger since day 1! So much flavour! Definitely beats the alternative. Their delicious food opens so many new vegan/vegetarian doors I couldn't have imagined possible before this experience.

Even if you're not vegan/vegetarian, this place is definitely worth trying!

Pros: Very Filling (huge patty), Flavourful, Delicious

Cons: Unfortunately vegan isn't cheap

Pure Bliss - Edit

As good as it gets! The food is amazing here, They hit home with their comforting healthy recipes that even my omnivorous boyfriend enjoyed. Going there later today to get a glass of freshly pressed juice! Can't wait to try one of their sandwiches with a daily soup.

Things I recommend from trying so far:
-Taco Salad
-Mint Chocolate chip smoothie
-Coffee

Pros: Nice Atmosphere, Friendly, delicious food

Great vegan restaurant! - Edit

Had a very tasty and healthy lunch at The Food Forest today. WILL DEFINITELY make it our "GO TO" spot when in Peterborough.
Lovely young couple own and operate this quaint little restaurant.
You will note their knowledge on what's nourishing and good for us when you peruse the menu. Great gluten free breads, raw menu items, vegan fresh soup, fresh pressed juices and smoothies. ORGANIC ingredients. Great tea selection. And more....
IT'S ALL GOOD.

Pros: Vegan organic fresh, Friendly staff, Quaint

Best restaurant in Peterborough!! - Edit

I found food forest online and was so excited! I took my uncle (a huge carnivore) yesterday and even HE fell in love with the food! Great ambiance, super friendly staff, good prices and unbelievable food! We had the thai salad and the tacos, which were to die for! The ambiance is adorable, completely vegan and raw! Definitely try this place!!

Pros: Taste, Price, Staff

Return to Peterborough Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Food Forest closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3146 times since Jul 2013.