The Foggy Goggle

Contact 902-444-1414

1667 Argyle St (at downtown), Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3J 2B5

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant and bar. Offers several vegan items marked on the menu including an organic quinoa burger, epic salad, and peanut bowl. One weekend mornings a tofu scramble and vegan stacks.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Canadian, Non-veg

First Review by QuothTheRaven

Late night food!! - Edit

We arrived in Halifax not very late, but late enough to find out that not many kitchens were still open. I had the Bulgogi mushroom burger, and my husband had the peanut bowl. The burger was awesome! I was a bit doubtful when I saw bulgogi and burger together, but the Korean flavour was actually successfully captured. My husband liked the peanut bowl as well. There are a few vegetarian selections as well, but it would be awesome if they would add some vegan cheese to the build your own pizza options.

Pros: Open late, nothing deep-fried, delicious veggie burger

Cons: Could be a few more vegan options

Meetless Monday and soup of the day - Edit

Foggy Goggle is quickly becoming a fav restaurant of mine in Halifax! Their soup of the day is always vegan and it even comes with vegan buttery garlic bread! And they also have meatless Monday where the special that day is vegetarian and can be made vegan. The staff is great and the food is delicious!

Excellent meal, excellent options! - Edit

I had a great experience at the Foggy Goggle! I had the vegan poutine, which was one of the daily specials and is currently featured for poutine week. There were about five vegan options on the menu as well, and they all looked delicious! For dessert, the chocolate torte was heavenly. Very rich and decadent (could have used a spot of vegan ice cream but that's my only complaint!). Definitely recommend this pub for when you're catering to a variety of dietary preferences and needs.

Pros: great variety of choices, delicious food , decent price

Cons: miso gravy a bit salty, and not entirely evenly di, mushrooms a bit too dried out on the poutine

Great for vegans with non-veg company. - Edit

I have taken my family here several times and often go with my partner. They have a meet loaf (spelled that way) that is totally vegan and although a little salty for me (I eat low sodium at home) it was very lovely in texture and balance. They also have veggie burgers, a tofu peanut bowl with roasted potatoes, a salad with quinoa croquets,they can make vegan friendly pizza, and if you ask they will veganize the nacho dip! They have nutritional yeast and tofu on the menu and they actually know how to use those ingredients so I think it's fab. They are a pub and I feel the food and drink menu is well priced for that set up.

Pros: Nutritional Yeast, Meet Loaf, Friendly Staff

Cons: Special of the day is always fish/meat, Loud at night

Just okay - Edit

The Foggy Goggle is a place I had wanted to visit since moving home almost 2 years ago. I knew they had some vegan options on the menu and was always intrigued by the giant goggles on the outside of their building. Walking in I loved the pub style ambiance. Being from the East Coast it makes it feel like home. The lighting was a bit dim for my taste however. Looking over the menu I saw quite a few items with vegan mentioned in the name or that sounded vegan. My husband ordered the Thai peanut bowl and I settled for the quinoa burger, which sounds completely vegan but tricks you with the mustard sauce which has honey (I asked the waitress cause I had my suspicion). My husband also ordered a vegan smoothie which was quick to come out but in all honestly was the most disgusting excuse for a smoothie either of us have ever had. It tasted like watered down almond milk with chunks of fruit in it. The rest of the food came out shortly after, very prompt. We were left without cutlery and my husband had to go ask the waitress for some. I really enjoyed my burger, it was filling and flavorful. Hubby was a bit disappointed with the bowl though. He was hoping for more tofu but he did love the sauce.

Overall, it was an okay experience but can't say it's a place I would spend the money on again. Service was okay, atmosphere was mostly okay and the food was mostly good.

And as a vegan I do have to say smelling bacon throughout the place was unappetizing as well.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Bit pricy

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Foggy Goggle closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.