The Flying Biscuit Cafe

704-714-3400

4241 Park Rd (at E Woodlawn Rd ), Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, 28209

Serves meat, vegan options available. This chain cafe also has locations in Georgia and Florida. Offers a good variety of vegetarian options. Since they cook everything to order they can make some things vegan by leaving off the cheese. They do serve a tofu scramble for breakfast, which is served all day. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-9:00pm, Sun 7:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by 3dollarbill

Not the best, but not the worst... - Edit

The good news is that I asked the restaurant to cook my tofu scramble and moon-dusted potatoes in oil, not butter, and they obliged. (Despite IDing myself as a vegan, I still ended up with an buttermilk biscuit on the side, though. Hmm.) The bad news was that this was the worst tofu scramble I've eaten in 15-years of veganism. Doused in tamari to the point where it was barely edible, seemingly just warmed versus cooked, and so, so salty - and I'm a gal who loves her salt. On the other hand, the potatoes were good and my omni husband enjoyed his meal, so...maybe their scramble was having an off day? Friendly service, good experience otherwise.

BE CAREFUL but there are vegan selections to have! - Edit

the one item labeled vegan on the menu is the BBQ burrito with collards, tofu and mushrooms in a tortilla. the Angel/Devil burgers ARE housemade and can be vegan if you leave off the cheese. Scrambled tofu is an option but you must ask that it NOT be cooked in butter.(last 2 times I've ordered it this way, it still came out cooked in butter...)Hummus is vegan; so are the Love Cakes naked. Many think the "moon dusted" potatoes are vegan but I've been told in ATL and CLT by managers that they ARE cooked in butter. Servers are not real clear what's vegan or not in the Charlotte locations- it took 3 servers and a line cook to figure out the love cakes don't use egg as a binder when I inquired on my last visit (I still emailed the corp. office to confirm this)

Pros: variety on menu, reasonably priced, loud & upbeat vibe

Cons: server/ manager ignorance of items, crowded, small space

Return to Charlotte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Flying Biscuit Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.