The Federal Bar

562-435-2000

102 Pine Ave (at Ocean Blvd), Long Beach, California, USA, 90802

Serves meat, vegan options available. A hip/stylish 1920's speakeasy gastropub located in a former bank building with high ceilings and chandeliers. Has clearly marked vegan choices on menus. Events are held in The Federal Underground located in the basement. Open Mon-Thu 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Fri 11:30am-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Sat-Sun 10:30am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Dkwillard

frustrating - Edit

The vegan burger is no longer vegan, as it comes on a milk bun. They offered to lettuce-wrap it for me. That was the only possible option. It was not particularly tasty, had way too much vegan mayo, and came with regular fries - not an inspired choice.

The servers, however, were super nice and did their best to accommodate this "difficult vegan".

I will not be back.

Pros: service

Cons: lack of vegan options

disappointing.. - Edit

I met up with my parents here and was disappointed in the lack of vegan options. I should've listened to my mom when she told me to get the special which was fried noodles with tofu and veggies, but instead I got the veggie burger and fries thinking that it was going to be good since it's a regular item. However, I don't think the person knew how to cook it it because it was really soft and disgusting. I had asked for avocado on it and while my mom had gotten a big slice on her food, I had a tiny green smear. The fries were covered in garlic which I didn't completely understand since the ones my mom had ordered weren't covered in garlic. Overall, the experience I had was disappointing, but the waitress was so friendly though that I wasn't going to complain to her.

Pros: good atmosphere, friendly server

Cons: few vegan options, food tasted disgusting

Veggie Burger! - Edit

Their vegan burger is absolutely delicious! They also have a vegan hot dog that I have not tried.

Return to Long Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Federal Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.