The Farm Kitchen

Contact 01142580482

Richards Rd, Heeley (at Heeley City Farm), Sheffield, England, S2 3DT

Vegetarian cafe within Heeley City Farm. Uses mostly farm-grown organic produce. Involves adults with learning disabilities and young people in the running of the cafe. Drinks, snacks, lunches including veggie chili, and afternoon tea. Breastfeeding friendly. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western

First Review by itsmeagain

Farm is definitely worth a visit - Edit

Serves fairly standard cafe food which is fairly tasty.

The cafe is in a small city farm which is a really good visit on a nice day to see the animals.

One thing that happened while I was there was that I saw one chicken repeatedly pecking at another chicken which was cowering in the corner of their shared hutch. ): There were no staff around to ask about this so I decided to email them when I got home. I felt a tiny bit silly emailing them about this and thought I'd perhaps receive a dismissive response back, but the email they sent me was lovely and heartwarming - letting me know they were aware of the problem and taking steps to fix it. I thought that was really nice and made me feel like they do actually care about the animals there.

Updated from previous review on 2016-04-16

Pros: cafe good, lots of pretty animals to see, would be good for children

great food, staff know about food - Edit

excellent vegan meals here, you can get a tea for 90p, soup a couple of quid, a main for 3 quid something. It is so crucial that people support this venture, as it truly sells the best vegan food in Sheffield.Very cheap, great vegan choices here.

Pros: vegan food, cheap, nutritious

Return to Sheffield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Farm Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.