The Falafel Queen

Contact 904-217-4886

1080 Ponce de Leon Blvd (at SR 207), St Augustine, Florida, USA, 32084

Serves meat, vegan options available. Locally owned eatery making food from scratch. Uses a variety of veggies and has vegan choices including hummus, falafel, baba ganoush, and lentil soup. Offers sandwiches and platters.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by MargaretCruzzavala

fresh fresh fresh. will not disappoint - Edit

This place makes all their food from scratch. The tabouli is so fresh and absolutely delicious. It's not overly seasoned which makes it perfect. The hummus and baba ganoush are the creamiest and full of fresh flavor with just the right amount of garlic. My falafel salad was a mixture of romaine lettuce with tons of veggies topped 6 of the most tasty falafel with a delicious tahini dressing. My hubby had a grilled veggie wrap that looked so good I wanted one too. He loved it. Said it is the best he ever had. Last the stuffed grape leaves are divine! Our server, Chis was very attentive and lovely. The place is very casual and homey. Ms Ava isn't happy until you are fully satisfied. I don't live here but this will be a regular stop when I'm in town. Vegans can eat without fear of meat and dairy in any of the vegan items.

Pros: cheap, fresh, delicious

Cons: limited seating

Excellent Mediterranean Food - Edit

Every dish we tried, my wife and I thought was the best of its kind we had eaten. That includes the falafels, hummus, babaganoush, tabouleh, and the fava beans (all vegan). We've enjoyed these dishes at other restaurants, but the Falafel Queens' versions are extraordinary.
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 22, 2014

Pros: Excellent food, Nice personable owner

The Queen is a rare find in Florida - Edit

Florida, home to deep fried everything, finding The Falafel Queen was our best experience in St. Augustine. Ava, the owner and chef is Lebanese and is a wonderful woman! Her food is fresh and made from the best ingredients. I highly recommend "The Queen"!

Pros: Fresh ingredientes, Friendly owner and staff, Great value

Cons: Strip mall location

Return to St Augustine Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Falafel Queen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1639 times since Apr 2013.