CLOSED: The Factory

Torggatan 29, Boras, Sweden

Serves meat, vegan options available. American atmosphere bar, restaurant, and night club. Hosts live music. Offers some vegan specials like vegan pulled pork (jack fruit), vegan burger, and pasta with vegan cheese. Staff is helpful with vegan requests. Reported closed December 2016. Open Tue 6:00pm-10:00pm, Wed 5:00pm-10:00pm, Thu 5:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-2:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by DoktorAce

Good food, friendly staff - Edit

Last time I visited the factory I was told by the bartender that one of the owners went vegan, and therefore the vegan options are of huge importance for them! He was really excited and wanted my opinion on the food I was served (a superb pasta salad with tofu and lots of other yummy ingredients). They also serve a vegan dessert with chick pea meringues and ice cream (marängswiss) :D I hope they are planning on extending their vegan menu soon!

Pros: The staff actually knows what "vegan" means!

Cons: Not that many vegan options yet.

Really good vegan food! - Edit

We got a tip from a friend that we could get vegan food at The Factory. She was right. The chef got very happy when we asked for vegan. It was clearly something she liked to cook. We had fooled pork (with Jack Fruit), and it was superb! They even had vegan chocolate brownies!
I was also very happy with them being understanding and explaining that they had separate pots and pans, and frying oils for the vegan food.

Pros: chef who likes too cook vegan!, Fast and accurate service, dessert!

Cons: no organic whine

Return to Boras Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Factory closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.