The Emporium

+44-1200444174

Moor Lane, Clitheroe, England, BB7 1BE

Serves meat, vegan options available. Brasserie, coffee shop, wine bar, and interior design shop. In 2016 introduced a vegan menu with little and large dishes and pizza. Has vegan wine on the drinks menu but not labeled - ask. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-9:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-4:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Beer/Wine, European, Non-veg

First Review by Veganolive1

Great Vegan Options - Great Place - Edit

Originally a coffee shop, The Emporium has evolved over the years, to encompass a wine bar, brasserie and interior design shop, with furnishings on show, available to purchase. A vegan menu has recently been introduced, so I visited for lunch.

I chose a houmous and pitta platter for one, with a portion of chips, because I was feeling hungry, though I was defeated and failed to finish, it was a hearty portion. The falafels were excellent, not stodgy or heavy, lovely houmous, with a salad of artichokes and roast peppers and chunky chips, it was pretty much my ideal lunch.

I love the attention to detail on the menu, explaining salad dressings contain honey, so ask for alternatives like olive oil and balsamic and the note about the risotto, saying no egg, butter or Parmesan, gives reassurance. I also like the menu itself, not some flimsy paper copy, but identical to the main menu, which shows commitment to their vegan customers.

I have two small niggles, one being fruit plate for dessert and what a shame with so many vegan wines on the list I immediately recognised, having sampled them all previously, they are not clearly labelled on the drinks menu. The vegan idea is obviously new so maybe they will address these issues at some point. The wines I spotted offer a good choice namely:

Boutinot Les Coteaux Cotes du Rhone Villages
Sierre Grande Chardonnay
Sierra Grande Merlot
Les Oliviers Chardonnay
False Bay Chardonnay
Vedilhan Viognier
Emiliana Pinot Noir
Pablo Y Walter Malbec

I love The Emporium's warm, inviting, relaxed atmosphere and as described on the website its Parisian Grand Cafe style, appeals to all. I cant wait to return to try the other vegan options and wine!

Pros: Vegan Menu, Friendly Helpful Staff, Great Atmosphere

Cons: Vegan wines on menu sadly not labelled

Return to Clitheroe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Emporium closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.