The Dosa Hut

+66-38427852

215/9, 2nd Rd (at near Royal Garden Plaza), Pattaya, Thailand, 20150

Vegetarian Udipi restaurant. Features several kinds of dosa, idly, and uttappam along with other traditional Indian dishes. Uses dairy, and vegan is not labeled so ask.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine

First Review by matimatik

Nice to support vegetarian restaurants - Edit

Average indian food, tasty but not the best definitely. Staff knew what vegan means and they made the food less oily and spicy when we asked. We chose this place because of the label 'vegetarian' just like we did with Govindam the other night. Prices were lower here but otherwise they were the same.

Pros: Okay indian food, Good value

Cons: Not so friendly staff

Just an average hut! - Edit

I had my meal here, I've had Indian food all my life and this was not very nice place. Food served was oily, cold and the staff wasn't very happy serving it.

Dosa Hut has a lot to do if they want to be in a very competitive line of restaurants.

Cons: less seating, oily food

I don’t know South Indian food - Edit

The Dosa Hut (King) > South Indian Udipi style Vegetarian

(2nd Road) Pattayasaisong Rd, Pattaya, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150 / 215/9, 2nd Rd Between Soi 13/3 and Royal Garden Plaza on the East side of 2nd road) Pattaya, Thailand 20150

038-427-852 or +66-38427852

South Indian Thali – vegetarian – 2 mains, 2 soups, rice, yogurt, fluffy breads, desert 200B

I don’t know South Indian food so I can’t name the dishes in the Thali and have nothing to compare it to, Dessert was exceptional, one of the mains and one of the soups were very good, the rest was just okay for my taste buds

8:30 am to 12:00am

Good enough - Edit

Not a bad place if you want to get a dosa or something (they also offer curries/rice and all the usual stuff but I've never tried it there). I've seen some slow service there but it didn't happen with me either time I was there. Location near Royal Garden Plaza is not at all bad but there are other (maybe better) places nearby (including the one inside RGP).

Staff doesn't communicate in English very well. Not really sure if they understood me at all when I asked about ghee butter and stuff.

They specialize on "Udipi" cuisine but I'm not an expert and don't see much difference from all the other Indian food.

As I said, not a bad place to get a dosa if you're nearby but not a kind of place you want to get on special occasions or for a nice dinner.

Pros: location

Cons: communication

Return to Pattaya Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Dosa Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.