CLOSED: The Dog House Tavern

435-644-3636

98 S 100 E (at Hwy 89), Kanab, Utah, USA, 84741

Tavern and restaurant serving all vegan bar food including pizza, loaded tater tots, weiner wrap, and soup. Ice cold beer is on tap and in the bottle. A small market area sells natural foods and cleaning products. Since 2013. SHUT DOWN JAN 2015, CONFIRMED BY OWNER AND FB.

Categories: Vegan, American, Pizza, Fast food, Beer/Wine

First Review by DestinyBones

Very disappointing - Edit

I really wanted this place to be good since it's the only vegan place in Kanab. However, I really didn't enjoy it and it was very disappointing.

The menu consisted of two pizzas and no appetizers or desserts. We ordered two beers on tap and the Greek chick'in pizza to share.

The beers were really good... but the pizza really wasn't. It consisted of a pre-packaged crust, way too much Daiya, olives, pepperoncini peppers, and vegan chick'n and was cooked on a rotating counter-top cooker.

There was no sauce on the pizza and the pre-packaged crust with the essentially microwave cooking made it very bland and processed-tasting. The amount of Daiya made it really oily and made us both feel gross.

I wanted to like this place and give it a great review since it's an all-vegan restaurant but it just seems like they didn't even try. The crusts were pre-packaged, all of the ingredients came out of a can, and the counter top cooking method seemed unnecessarily fast considering they weren't super busy. A little bit of effort and some fresh ingredients really could have gone a long way.

Our resulting bill was also surprising. The two beers and a pizza to share came to $30, which seemed very high for the quality of the food.

Oh, and the hours seem to change. The hours on the door were different than listed on the site and even then the owner showed up a bit after open time. I would show up a bit late just to be sure.

The one cool thing about the restaurant was that they had a little shop on the side and had some fun and different vegan staples. I would probably be more likely to go there to shop that to eat.

Pros: Good beer on tap, Cool shop with veg staples

Cons: Very limited menu, Processed food with no fresh ingredients, Not tasty

Best pizza i have ever had! - Edit

Super delicious!
We tried one of the tot dishes, and a pizza, the greek chikn pizza is absolutely amazing, and we loved the chili tots! Service was friendly, we stayed and chatted for over an hour. Highly suggest this restaurant! Going to go back again tomorrow!

Return to Kanab Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Dog House Tavern closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.