First Review by verbosity

Quite nice - Edit

This cafe has a lovely atmosphere, I especially like how they have a television showing animal/bug based documentaries or just beautiful scenery. The food is quite nice and I like how you can take out as well. I usually get some food for dinner. The bad thing is that they don't stay open for long so when I want to go to the cafe straight from school they close the kitchen so you can imagine what it's like if I go home first (I don't live close to the cafe nor do I live close to my school.) One last thing is that one time when I went it was raining very heavily so a bit of the roof started leaking (a lot) this was kind of funny though (it was quite unpleasant for the staff though).

Pros: Nice environment, decent food, free entertainment

Cons: inconvenient closing hours, leaky roof

Good food, unusual set-up - Edit

Had a shepherd's pie which was tasty but not remarkable. The space was pleasant if slightly new-agey (which is hinted at by the name), and they had just about every time of plant milk available for your coffee/hot-chocolate/whatever.

Since all the tables are pretty large, it seems to be designed for you to sit at group tables with people you don't know, but at the same time, unlike somewhere such as Lentil As Anything or Smith and Daughters, doing so doesn't quite feel natural.

Overall though, I enjoyed my meal and would come back.

Pros: Lots of vegan options

Cons: Group tables

Same same but different - Edit

Dharma Hub hasn't made many changes to Aum Shanti's (the previous cafe) tried and true formula but it is ripe for a true revamp. The food is fair but nothing to write home about. The seating is sparse and does not take advantage of the space at hand. The tables are not quite large enough to be truly communal however the lack of seating forces you to join potentially intimate gatherings - awkward.

The coffee however is better than most and well sized.

Pros: Good coffee

Return to Frankston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Dharma Hub closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1604 times since Oct 2015.