REMOVED: The Daily Dish

301-588-6300

8301-A Grubb Rd, Silver Spring, Maryland, USA

Serves meat, vegan options available. Can make vegan soy cheese pizza and other vegan items such as a portobella burger. Coffee and specialty drinks can be made with soymilk. Note: Extreme cruelty items are also offered. Removed due to lack of being vegan-friendly.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Non-veg

First Review by cookiem

Not really deserving of the veg-friendly status - Edit

The first time I went to it we had a problem. We ordered their gazpacho (which was very good) and a pizza with soy cheese. They said they were out of soy cheese and would go get some more. So after waiting a while the guy came back and couldn't find any soy cheese. So we had to leave, having only had the gazpacho. The pizza was the only thing on the menu (besides the soup) that was vegan and they were out of the ingredients needed to make it! At least they gave us the soup free. I later went back and had their pizza and it was fine.

Pros: Good soup

Cons: Limited options

Ok to go... But not super satisfying - Edit

The people who eat here seem to be a more mature group interested in meat and liquor. While they have some vegetarian options, the vegan choices are slim. They have great fresh veggies that are slathered in oil, and the soup is a bit salty, but at least they're vegan! There's also vegan pizza. However, I have to say the price is too high for what you get- so I am not inclined to return unless with other people who are adamant about this place.

Pros: Vegan marked items

Cons: Price, Slim pickings

Return to Silver Spring Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: The Daily Dish closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.