The Cutting Edge Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 757-389-5754

1434 Sams Dr Unit 102, Chesapeake, Virginia, USA, 23320

Serves meat, vegan options available. Sandwiches, salads and soups. Has a vegan chik'n sandwich. Most food is made from scratch. Artisanal breads baked-in-house. Sources from local farms and markets whenever possible.

Category: Lacto, American, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by shayeberz

Great Place! - Edit

I really like this place. They strongly support local fare with ads for local CSA's and farmers. They even have gardens outside their door with assorted veggies and herbs. It feels like it doesn't quite belong here but in some hip part of CA instead.
They have one item that's indicated as vegan, but you can get most of their stuff with the vegan chicken, I think it's Gardein, and omitting things like cheese. All the sides are vegan. I've had the vegan panini several times but I've also had the Asian salad with the vegan chicken and it was really good.
I've had good experiences with the staff, but I've heard of some bad ones. Sometimes they hire new young people which are a little clueless on what vegan is and not friendly. Don't let that deter you, their food is worth the pain-in-the-butt cashier :)
Great atmosphere!

Pros: Great atmosphere, fast, delicious

Cons: sometimes rude cashier

Nice Option - Edit

There aren't many vegan options in chesapeake so I was really excited to try this place. There was one vegan option on the menu and it was very good. The sweet potato fries are also very good. A little pricey though considering the entire sandwich was smaller than my hand.

Pros: Flavor, Atmosphere, Vegan Chicken Sandwich

Cons: Price , Hours Of Operation

Return to Chesapeake Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Cutting Edge Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1260 times since May 2013.