First Review by EllieG

Good when you get one - Edit

The first time I went the vegan cakes were sold out- a Saturday afternoon. When I went back they had a little tray of vegan cakes in the back. The texture was good and it looked really good. I found the cake and icing clashed but separately they tasted good.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 20, 2013:

Having returned in August 2014 I was disappointed. Cake was dry, icing was tasteless. Maybe they do go stale, maybe it was a bad batch but the quality has gone down hill. It wasn't a bad cake but not good enough for me to want to go back.

Disappointing - Edit

Given that the vegan cupcakes are $4.75 and this is a proper bakery with interesting ideas, I expected a lot more.
I had a chocolate orange cupcakes- the sponge was really dry and the icing had that taste you get when you use flavouring that is out of date, giving it more of a chemical flavour.

I assumed my partner would be more pleased with his but sadly not. He had some sort of chocolate raspberry coconut one with a shop bought biscuit on top. Again his sponge was very dry, but the icing was alright. The best bit was the biscuit....

Considering this place has awards and serious amounts of cake-making experience, I was really disappointed.

Pros: shop is decorated nicely

Cons: dry, possibly going stale?, expensive

Vegan Birthday Surprise! - Edit

I was given a Vegan chocolate & peppermint cupcake for my birthday. It was delicious!! Thank you Cupcake Parlour!!

Pros: Amazing Flavour, 'Melts in your mouth' Frosting, Friendly & Understanding Staff

Cons: It's not next to my house!

Return to Brisbane Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Cupcake Parlour closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1072 times since Jul 2013.