• The Cultured Pearl

• White Veg-options
Japanese
Asian
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant and sushi bar on the boardwalk. Has vegan sushi and multiple veg options denoted on the menu. There are salads, soups, rice bowls, curry bowls, and other dishes where meat can be replaced with tofu. Open Mon-Sun 4:00pm-9:30pm.

Venue map for The Cultured Pearl
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Spveggie

julesaregems

Points +431

12 Oct 2023

Romantic

This place has a very friendly staff. Romantic atmosphere . I really enjoyed the food and drinks . There is an pond so prepare for a few bugs. People are also dressed nicely . My drink was not good but my husband liked his. We’ve had a lot of great sushi this place was okay for sushi . We did love the spicy cauliflower .

Pros: Romantic , Great atmosphere

Cons: Vegan sushi just okay

MorganLee

Points +403

07 Sep 2023

Delicious & Friendly

Ordered takeout from The Cultured Pearl so I didn’t get to have the full dining experience here, however, the place when I walked in looked AMAZING and so cool (definitely a must for a dine-in experience it seems). Anyway, the to-go staff member was super friendly & kind😄which was so nice and the sushi was so good. I had a roll I’ve never had before, one with nuta & it was a little intimidating but it was worth ordering. Super yummy. A great place for sushi & reasonably priced.

DarleneR

Points +53

16 Jun 2023

Nice Options

I’ve had excellent experiences when I either take out or eat in. I really enjoy the tofu Poké bowl. Also, they have some nice vegan options available for rolls and vegetarian sushi options as well.

Pros: Atmosphere , Friendly Staff, Lots of options

VeganbyChoice

Points +1408

21 Sep 2022

Vegan options with a view

2nd time here. Street parking available (metered). Indoor and outdoor seating available at this rooftop location. Reservations recommended. Absolutely love the vibe her and the ambiance sitting outside on the rooftop is wonderful. Vegan options are clearly labeled. I started with a Mangocado roll which was altered with pineapple because they were out of mango - and it was delicious. I also had tofu teriyaki which was a good portion size and very tasty. My server asked me if I wanted it as is so I asked for clarification. She explained that many people remove the vegetables or the rice?!?! Seems strange to me because I would have enjoyed more vegetables and more rice. I will be coming back here again. I have enjoyed both times I have been here.

September 2022 Update

Returned to this location for dinner. If you can, sit outside. I started with a new item - Piña Colada Roll. It was delicious and did remind me of an actual piña colada. Next I had the tofu teriyaki again. Never a disappointment. I also ordered a small plate of the Asian Street Noodles. Packed with flavor and a good portion size for a morning meal.

Updated from previous review on 2022-06-22

Pros: Vegan options clearly labeled, Friendly service, Great atmosphere

DianeMM

Points +809

18 Sep 2022

Well marked menu

Lots of vegan and gluten free options on their well marked menu. Beautiful decor!

tameassa

Points +918

14 Aug 2022

Several vegan rolls

Vegan tofu available and several different vegan sushi rolls. 🍣

Pros: Vegan options

ckamoie

Points +37

22 Apr 2022

great environment, ok food

The Cultured Pearl has a great environment. It is a beautiful restaurant with great service. Though there aren’t many, vegan options are clearly labeled. Highly recommend the seaweed salad, however the tofu is bland and undercooked, and the edamame was super salty. The veggies are great though.

Pros: Clearly labeled menu, Friendly staff, Good environment

Cons: Expensive, Bland tofu, Small selection

Fortheanimals111

Points +44

30 Aug 2021

Great atmosphere, food, service

My entire family really enjoyed our meal here. They have a few vegan sushi rolls to choose from and delicious teriyaki tofu. My toddlers loved the food too. They can make you a vegan kids meal if you ask. 10/10 recommend

Pros: Yummy vegan options, Good for kids, Menu clearly marked

VSnail

Points +336

26 Aug 2021

Enjoy Great Vegan Sushi and Fun Rooftop Dining

We enjoyed a meal on their rooftop. It was well-shaded which was great on a hot summer day. As others have said, the menu was very clearly marked with vegan options. There were more vegan roll options than the average sushi restaurant. The inari, Pi Natsu, and Delaware rolls were our favorites. I would recommend making reservations. We almost didn't get in as walk-ins at 5pm on a Wednesday. This place is busy.

Pros: Variety of vegan rolls, Festive outdoor dining

Cons: No vegan miso soup

Bythevedge

Points +24

06 Aug 2021

Upscale vegan options

We had a delicious dinner at the cultured Pearl — they had clear labeling on menu which we appreciated. Only thing that happened was that we ordered the tofu bibimbap (vegan, and labeled as such) and a fried egg came out on it. Several vegan entrees (we had the bibimbap and tofu teriyaki). Very filling!

summernotwinter

Points +81

26 Jul 2021

great veggie sushi

best selection of veggie sushi rolls in southern delaware. my favorites are mangocado roll (mango/avocado), pi natsu roll (avocado w peanuts), and inari sushi (fried tofu nigiri). they have really good edamame, just make sure you order the cooked edamame without butter. i also love their teriyaki tofu donburi bowl. overall this is my favorite place to get sushi in the area.

Updated from previous review on 2021-06-02

Pros: lots of veggie roll options, vegan options are clearly marked on menu

Cons: expensive, miso soup isn’t vegetarian

tinyveganmama

Points +94

16 Jul 2021

Good meal, great atmosphere, excellent kids meals

We enjoyed a nice family dinner here and while the food is good, it wasn’t standout… we are still likely to return because there are few vegan options in the area, there’s something for everyone in our family, and we loved all the ponds filled with lily pads and carp. The veggie sushi was good and there are a few standard options - I went for the veggie combo roll (avocado, asparagus, cucumber, and pickled radish) and it barely contained avocado. I ordered the tofu teriyaki which was good, and came with an abundance of lightly sautéed tofu, but about half the veggies I was expecting. The kids meal was awesome: we subbed tofu for chicken and got tofu teriyaki bento boxes (complete with rice, edamame, an orange slice and applesauce) for our girls. They have a weekday half-off kids meal special until 6pm which takes them from $12 to $6 - amazing! How I wish they had bentos for adults… They recently added a bibimbap dish to the menu that could be veganized. The server squinted and made a face when I asked if it had as many veggies as the teriyaki dish, so I ordered the teriyaki…

Updated from previous review on 2021-07-15

Pros: Loads of tofu in the dishes , Great kids meals , Really nice and memorable atmosphere

Cons: Scant veggies

hmaven55

Points +45

08 Jun 2021

Really good

Really liked the vegetarian chefs platter. Also got the roll with peanuts on top and it was fabulous. The chefs choice veggie sushi was great and it even had a really really good mushroom nigiri. YUM. Only thing that should be noted is that the steamed edamame had butter on it and they didn't tell us until after 😟. A little pricy but still VERY VERY good and grat atmosphere.

Pros: Vegan OPTIONS , Good food, Good vibe

Cons: Expensive, Less than 100% educated staff - butter on edamame

JaneWiggin

Points +252

28 Dec 2020

Good Atmosphere

Definitely a great ambience if you're looking for a fancy atmosphere, but the food is so-so. The menu is clearly labeled, but we weren't that impressed with the sushi. It was fine. Also got the teriyaki tofu entree which was very underwhelming. Hardly any teriyaki sauce and the tofu was very chewy/uncooked. It was a good portion of tofu, but very bland overall. It's all about the vibe here, not as much the food unfortunately.

awakenstars

Points +44

06 Aug 2020

Great atmosphere

Great for a vegan/vegetarian date night!

Pros: Outdoor seating , Friendly waiting, Reservations

Cons: Pricy

ichibanvegan

Points +330

19 Jun 2020

Great sushi in Rehoboth

This is the best place for sushi in Rehoboth. The menu is vastly improved from the last time I was there (5+ years or so). Vegan items are clearly marked and range from appetizers to entrees to sushi. The quality of the ingredients is good and the presentation is very sharp. I love this building too. There are multiple levels, multiple bars, a rooftop lounge and on the first level there is a Japanese book shop. A great destination if you are visiting.

Pros: design of the building, friendly staff, vegan items clearly marked and great quality

Cons: can be pricey

rms106

Points +145

19 Jul 2019

Vegan sushi! (And more)

Lovely place! Really pretty interior and rooftop dining area. Not a ton of vegan options but the choices span the whole menu. Curry and noodle bowls with tofu as an option as well as several vegan maki rolls. Vegan options are specifically marked on the menu, as are gluten free options.

imli

Points +132

30 Jun 2019

Great Restaurant!

They don’t have a ton of vegan options as far as entrees go, but what they do have is really delicious. They also have a wide variety of vegan sushi, which is very tasty. They have a varied beer, wine and cocktail menu. The prices are a little high for my budget, but I think it’s worth the price for a special dinner.

Pencil

Points +36

03 May 2018

Menu is clearly labeled

Menu items are labeled vegan, which makes it super helpful to order. FYI - The miso soup mentioned in the other review has never been labeled vegan, so I always knew not to order it. They have several nice dishes to choose from, and some of the most yummy and interesting veggie rolls I've ever had. It is pricier (and so are many other restaurants in the area), but a good option for downtown Rehoboth if you're looking for a nice dining experience. It's beautiful if you sit outdoors on their rooftop deck, but be sure to make an advanced reservation for that in the summer.

Pros: Menu is labeled with vegan options , Different and delicious veggie rolls

Cons: On the pricey side

Spveggie

Points +13

14 Aug 2017

No longer many veg options

My family and I used to love coming to cultured pearl but where very upset to find that their Miso soup contains fish broth and cannot be made vegetarian. This broth is also used in various noodle dishes. During our last few visits the waiter was very rude once he found out we were vegetarian. It used to be our favorite place but are very disappointed 1) because they never shared the information over years (and we always ask) about the broth after numerous times explaining we are vegetarian and 2) the service.

Pros: Nice environment

Cons: Not many vegetarian option, Service