The Crown

( 1 review )
+44-1992462244

Old Nazeing Rd, Broxbourne, England, EN10 6QT

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of Vintage Inns pub restaurant chain. Has separate vegan menu listing a few items each in all categories, from starter to dessert. Dine inside by the fireplace or on the terrace overlooking the River Lea.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by JessUK

Pleasant enough mains, excellent pudding - Edit

First up - my experience with the staff's understanding of veganism has been great. In fact, they spoke up about the great training they had on understanding diet requirements. This was reassuring.

We've eaten here about 4 times now. It's near our home, so a big reason for our visits is convenience. But I do like to be able to eat at a pub with a fireplace!

There is a completely vegan menu at this pub, just mention it and the staff are happy to help.

From this, the burger & chips is a simple but nice enough option.

Also the vegetable tart was a welcome change from the usual vegan curry found in a few pubs nearby. For the price I wish you could choose to add on a side (at no extra cost) as it's a small serving for a main. A side of veggies would make a difference to the veggie tart!

I also think the sauce around the edge of the tart, sort of decorating the dish, tasted like ketchup? I like ketchup with chips but to decorate around a vegetable tart, something else would be better. Maybe a red pepper sauce? Or red pesto? Same colour but more fancy taste basically!

I've also tried the soup & the Thai Curry - both of these tasted reheated to me. For the price neither would be my first choice again.

But perhaps the best thing here - multiple great pudding options. The chocolate torte & the pecan tart are delicious. If I could change one thing it would be that the pecan tart be served warm. But really & truly - these puddings are the best vegan puds at any restaurant I know of in the borough of Broxbourne.

It's a lovely walk along the old & new rivers near here, ending with a meal at this pub would make a great day out.

Pros: Puddings!, Dedicated vegan menu

Cons: Price can seem a bit high for the quality

Return to Broxbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Crown closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.