The Cozmic Cafe and Pub

• Veg-friendly
Contact 530-642-8481

594 Main St (at downtown), Placerville, California, USA, 95667

Serves meat, vegan options available. At the historic Pearson's Soda Works Building in downtown, its menu includes many ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes (salads, veggie burgers, scrambles). Vegans can ask to omit cheese. Hosts open mic night, live music, and other events. Bar with a food menu is open for late night events.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by melpluslove

This place is an experience - Edit

When going to Cozmic Cafe, you're getting more than food. You're getting an experience.

Pros: nice ambiance, plenty of vegan options, delicious food

Cons: slow service, bad lighting, awkward seating

Amazing and Delicious! - Edit

I have been coming here for ten years and with a change of ownership three times the food has always been delicious and vegan friendly! Jacob is always welcoming you with a smile!
Favorite vegan dishes the huge vegan taco, the rice bowl (made vegan w out sour cream and no cheese) and i love the vegan BLT!

You can also get great beer in the bar and fantastic music on the weekend!
Cannot say more things good about it! Oh, and check out the old mine in the back!

Pros: Delicious, Smiles, Very vegan friendly

Cons: Not close to me, Meat in building

My Favorite Place in Town! - Edit

I always go here to enjoy the music, preform, get food, meet new people, and enjoy the atmosphere! I have been going for about a year now, and I love it! The people are great, the service is awesome, music is awesome, and everything!

Good food.. really cool atmosphere! - Edit

Vegan friendly food, we did some business where we passed by Placerville every day and stopped at Cozmic Cafe every day! Had the Fakin' BLT, some wraps, and a delicious veggie burger. Good vegan options. Really awesome building was built in the front of an old gold mine, and you can even go a little ways in the mine and there is a table back there you can eat at. When we were there, there was a really great artist (painter) painting wonderful pictures. Will go again next time I'm in Cali.

Pros: good food, cool building, good juice bar & coffee

Cons: no good vegan breakfast options, no Daiya, Kombucha was overpriced

Lovely but Lengthy Wait - Edit

I had the vegan BLT to go and it was amazing. The atmosphere was relaxed while I was waiting and there was a group lingering and just talking. It was okay by the staff. That said, for a sandwich the wait was really long. It was good to find easy vegan food but we were in a rush and didn't realize how long it would take.

Pros: Vegan-Friendly, Good Atmosphere

Cons: Not All Vegan, Long Wait

Wonderful Cafe - Edit

They serve breakfast all day as well as lots of lunch salads and sandwiches in the afternoon and evenings. The architecture is fun and funky, winding back several rooms downstairs and with a mirrored event space upstairs. I highly recommend Eggsdillious sandwich for a light egg salad sandwich with lots of veggies. They also serve mate teas.

What a pleasant surprise - Edit

We stopped here on a trip and were very surprised to find this very nice and friendlz restaurant here. The food was good, the Yoga Studio upstairs inviting and the coffee fantastic.

Pros: good food, organic coffee, very friendly

Fabulous Little Place! - Edit

We loved this spot so much after our visit on our way to Lake Tahoe that we made it a point to go there again on our way down.

The food is great and the staff was happy to accommodate me (I have multiple food allergies). Great atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff.

I had two different salads and both had fresh, flavorful veggies. My husband had the Asian sesame rice bowl and the tuna salad sandwich. Both were yummy.

Pros: atmosphere, staff, healthy

I love this place - Edit

This place just has an awesome atmosphere- It would make anyone feel at home. They have lots of juices, I like the lemonade and cucumber juice, and there are tons of events going on upstairs and the art displays and book exchange is cool.

Pros: Vegan food in Placerville, The atmosphere, Right off highway 50

Cons: Not totally Veg, sometimes understocked, Events need more advertising

Return to Placerville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Cozmic Cafe and Pub closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1617 times since Aug 2007.