The Courtyard Cafe

Contact 01767-319012

6 High St, Biggleswade, England, SG180JA

Whole food cafe offering in-house-made hot lunch, cake, organic coffee, fresh juices and smoothies; a few vegan and gluten free options. Mostly organic, fair trade and locally sourced food. Is also a center for well being with a large range of services including acupuncture and massage. Open Tue-Sat 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, British

First Review by Sarah73

Tiny and cute! - Edit

As I am from Sweden I was wowed by how cute the building was and I felt a warm and homely atmosphere as soon as I entered the café.
The girl behind the counter was very kind, we had a nice little chat, I ordered my food. After that I was served a yummy raw chocolate shake! I also ordered a panini and a brownie which were also very delicous!
I would say that this cafe has plenty of options for vegans like myself for such a small place, the service was top and I will absolutely go back there again! :)

Pros: Friendly staff, Many vegan options, Warm atmosphere

Cons: A little expensive

Great, local veggie cafe! - Edit

Love the Courtyard Cafe, brilliant food with raw/vegan options, friendly staff and great atmosphere. Went recently for a raw food lunch and the food was absolutely fantastic! Would definitely recommend it.

Pros: Raw lunch , Reasonably priced , Homemade food

Yummy food, lots of good and healthy stuff - Edit

September 2014,. Was in the area visiting family members, when I found out about this lunch room via HappyCow, I can't resit not to try it, because there are basically not so much other places one cat eat out at, being both vegan and lactose intolerant.
They had a lot of vegan options, and they were all very well marked on the menu.
I chose a sandwich with hummus and roasted vegetables which was very good. A bit on the small side. I was still hungry afterwards.
Then I had a desert, chocolate end lemon cake. The lemon cake was absolutely delicious, best cake I had in many years!
I also had a green delight smoothie, with spinage, cucumber, ginger, some other things I do not remember. It was delicious. But also a bit on the small side. When I'm out all day, I tend to get hungry....
Four out of five stars for the small portions.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 22, 2014

Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 22, 2014

Pros: Lots of choice, Vegan options are well marked on menu, Nice and cosy atmosphere

Cons: Small portions

The yummy Courtyard Cafe - Edit

I really like this cafe and i would definitely recommend it because it is great - the food is yummy, the staff are lovely and the atmosphere is great. Also it has some new classes which look really enjoyable. I definitely think you should go there and enjoy the food and classes. I enjoyed the fresh juices the most because they were exploding with flavour, also soup was wonderful and the truffles were soooo good!!!

Pros: Extremely yummy food, Really nice staff, friendly atmosphere

Good cafe with vegan options for quick lunch out - Edit

We visited in february 2013. Had a great vegan lunch at the cafe: simple roast veg panini with green salad, smoothie, vegan apple cake and truffles and soy capuccino. The main meals are light and tasty, definitely recommend it for a quick delicious lunch.

Pros: Great smoothie, Good vegan options, Nice cosy atmosphere

Great food! - Edit

I visited in Jan 2013 and had a great freshly squeezed green juice, a very nice home made soup (carrot and coriander) for main I had a thai red curry which was yummy and I even had space for a home made truffle. It was all so delicious, all vegan with great service and friendly atmosphere, can't wait til I pass by again, definitely stopping for a massage next time (maybe before the food though)!

Pros: value, service, taste

Cons: no con

Biggleswade's Little Gem! - Edit

A great place to have a healthy delicious lunch and meet like-minded people. Vegan options available. Friendly service. A must visit!

Pros: Friendly Owners, Vegan Options, Excellent Service

Return to Biggleswade Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Courtyard Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2437 times since Dec 2012.