The Country Table Cafe

+44-1626202120

12 Bank St, Newton Abbot, England, TQ12 2JW

Serves meat, vegan options available. Local British cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and afternoon tea with a modern outlook on food. Food is ordered from the counter and then brought to your table. Offers a variety of vegetarian and gluten free options, or items that can be made so and marked accordingly. Vegans could get the vegetable chilli and jacket potato, sandwich, baguette, toastie, baps and panini choosing vegan fillings (hummus, peppers, ratatouille, vegetable chilli, mushroom, and baked beans). Be sure to request for soya spread. Has soy milk for drinks. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Take-out, British, Non-veg

First Review by Ffion89

There is a separate vegan menu but... - Edit

the butternut squash and bean casserole contained animal stock?! Admittedly this item was not on the vegan menu, it was one of the days specials but COME ON FOLKS!! I went for the Mediterranean platter (pictured) which was pleasant enough.

Pros: Separate vegan menu

Cons: Animal stock in otherwise vegan dishes, No cakes or desserts

Handy spot in an unlikely location - Edit

What an unexpected place to find so many vegan options!

The Country Table Café is a very traditional British café and doesn't have the most exciting menu in the world, however it does offer lots of vegan options if you're just after a quick bite to eat such as a sandwich or jacket potato.

I ordered a jacket potato with vegetable chilli on my visit, which was OK. The chilli was homemade which is great but it was missing a bit of flavour and kick. If I'm ever in Newton Abbot again I will definitely go back, but I wouldn't go out of my way to visit.

I didn't get a chance to try the vegan cake/flapjack they had on offer, but I think visiting for tea/coffee (with soya milk of course!) and cake may be preferable over visiting for lunch.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Homemade meals and cakes, Friendly staff

Cons: Long queue to order, Decor a bit outdated

Return to Newton Abbot Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Country Table Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.