The Counter

650-212-3200

41 W Hillsdale Blvd, San Mateo, California, USA, 94403

Serves meat, vegan options available. A custom burger restaurant franchise. Has two vegan burger patties--the Impossible burger and the veggie burger--any of which you could have with choice of toppings and sauce, or get it over bed of greens.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Clean&Green

Great impossible burger, limited sauce options - Edit

We came in to try the new impossible burger. It was very good - much better than the beyond burgers we've tried making at home.

You can choose your cook temperature - we got medium rare, which I think is a good choice for this burger (because it has juices that can be cooked out).

I really like vegan cheese so I was bummed that they didn't appear to carry any, but the burger honestly didn't need it. The other disappointing thing was that I LOVE the The Counter's aiolis (esp horseradish), and the only creamy vegan sauce option was Just Mayo.

Pros: Lots of Vegan toppings, customizable

Cons: Vegan bread, cheese, and sauces are limited

Makes eating with omnis easy! - Edit

Ate at The Counter this week because of the advertised inclusion of the Impossible Burger. It was my first time trying the Impossible burger after hearing good things and I wasn't disappointed. Had with ciabatta bun, Just Mayo, relish, mushrooms, onions, roasted peppers, organic greens and it was delish! Over 25+ veggie toppings available as well as side options like salad and the perennial fries. I had the veggie skewers as a side, they were really nicely cooked with lots of veg variety and grilled flavour to them. A great option when you have to eat out with omnis and want don't want to make a big deal as you can completely customise your order.

Pros: Good size serving, Great taste, Plenty of customisable choices

Cons: A little pricey

Return to San Mateo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Counter closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.