The Counter

41 W Hillsdale Blvd, San Mateo, California, USA, 94403

Serves meat, vegan options available. Custom burger restaurant franchise. Offers two vegan burger patties (impossible burger and veggie burger) either of which could be served with your choice of toppings and sauce, vegan cheese, or over bed of greens instead of buns.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Clean&Green

Great impossible burger, limited sauce options - Edit

We came in to try the new impossible burger. It was very good - much better than the beyond burgers we've tried making at home.

You can choose your cook temperature - we got medium rare, which I think is a good choice for this burger (because it has juices that can be cooked out).

I really like vegan cheese so I was bummed that they didn't appear to carry any, but the burger honestly didn't need it. The other disappointing thing was that I LOVE the The Counter's aiolis (esp horseradish), and the only creamy vegan sauce option was Just Mayo.

Pros: Lots of Vegan toppings, customizable

Cons: Vegan bread, cheese, and sauces are limited

Makes eating with omnis easy! - Edit

Ate at The Counter this week because of the advertised inclusion of the Impossible Burger. It was my first time trying the Impossible burger after hearing good things and I wasn't disappointed. Had with ciabatta bun, Just Mayo, relish, mushrooms, onions, roasted peppers, organic greens and it was delish! Over 25+ veggie toppings available as well as side options like salad and the perennial fries. I had the veggie skewers as a side, they were really nicely cooked with lots of veg variety and grilled flavour to them. A great option when you have to eat out with omnis and want don't want to make a big deal as you can completely customise your order.

Pros: Good size serving, Great taste, Plenty of customisable choices

Cons: A little pricey

Return to San Mateo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Counter closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.