The Counter

+1-650-212-3200

41 W Hillsdale Blvd, San Mateo, California, USA, 94403

Serves meat, vegan options available. Custom-burger restaurant franchise. Offers two vegan burger patties (impossible burger and veggie burger), either may be served with your choice of toppings, sauces, and optional vegan cheese. Or get your burger bun-less over a bed of greens. The regular buns are not vegan.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Clean&Green

crow610

Points +92

25 Jun 2019

Best Impossible Burger Around - Edit

Before I became vegan this was my favorite burger place, now that they serve the Impossible burger it’s my favorite restaurant that offers a vegan burger. Like most restaurants that server burgers (vegan or not) The Counter lets you customize your burger anywhere from the bun, veggies, cheese, and even the sauce. For low carb diets try the burger bowl.

Pros: Impossible burger , Lots of customizations

vqdo

Points +46

Vegetarian
07 Jan 2018

Great impossible burger, limited sauce options - Edit

We came in to try the new impossible burger. It was very good - much better than the beyond burgers we've tried making at home.

You can choose your cook temperature - we got medium rare, which I think is a good choice for this burger (because it has juices that can be cooked out).

I really like vegan cheese so I was bummed that they didn't appear to carry any, but the burger honestly didn't need it. The other disappointing thing was that I LOVE the The Counter's aiolis (esp horseradish), and the only creamy vegan sauce option was Just Mayo.

Pros: Lots of Vegan toppings, customizable

Cons: Vegan bread, cheese, and sauces are limited

Clean&Green

Points +829

30 Nov 2017

Makes eating with omnis easy! - Edit

Ate at The Counter this week because of the advertised inclusion of the Impossible Burger. It was my first time trying the Impossible burger after hearing good things and I wasn't disappointed. Had with ciabatta bun, Just Mayo, relish, mushrooms, onions, roasted peppers, organic greens and it was delish! Over 25+ veggie toppings available as well as side options like salad and the perennial fries. I had the veggie skewers as a side, they were really nicely cooked with lots of veg variety and grilled flavour to them. A great option when you have to eat out with omnis and want don't want to make a big deal as you can completely customise your order.

Pros: Good size serving, Great taste, Plenty of customisable choices

Cons: A little pricey

Return to San Mateo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Counter closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.